Skip to content

Sport Bradley Smith...HOW??? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > Bradley Smith...HOW???

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Lanos

May 07

Lanos says:

Bradley Smith...HOW???

Tell me, do you think Tech3 were a little quick off the mark to offer Bradley Smith a MotoGP contract for 2013 when he has done nothing in Moto2?  Especially when you have such good riders like Dovizioso, Crutchlow, Marquez etc who can be in the running?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 June 2012 12:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

I

heard Yamaha may not honour that contract... wouldn't blame them either.. I'd be putting Redding on my shopping list too if I was them! 

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
milliconcarne

Jun 12

Redding

is who I'd be trying to sign if I was Tech3.

Until Bradley shows his worth in Moto2 (ie WINS A RACE), I'd avoid bringing him up to MotoGP.

Reply to this Topic
afs98mrj

May 04

afs98mrj says:

contract

i believe that poncheral told smithy that he needed to up his performance if he was to move up & they set regular top sixes as his initial goal.

Reply to this Topic
Petamocto

Aug 12

Petamocto says:

Completely agree

The first I had learned of this was checking the MotoGP 2013 page on Wikipedia, and sure enough after some digging I find that it was done last year.

The problem is that a year ago it seemed like he was going to keep advancing this year through Moto2, but that has just not happened.  While I respect his 7th overall and no crashes, he has not had a single podium.  

7th in Moto2 is just not good enough IMO to get one of the best bikes in the MotoGP grid.  Dovi and Cal aside, you're talking about the 4th and 5th fastest bikes in the world and there are far more deserving people who are going to ride those things to faster times than Bradley Smith is.

Two options:

1. Give it to one of the mid-packers who is already proving them self at MotoGP (Bautista, Barbera). Certainly not Spies (even though I like him, class act) as he can't even win on the factory bike. 

2. If they want to sign a new guy for less money, go with someone who is actually competitive like Espargaro, Luthi, or Ionnone.  Hell, give the thing to Cortese or Vinales from Moto3, at least they're winning.

Reply to this Topic
adsbuk

Aug 12

adsbuk says:

Interview earlier in the year.

Bradley said in an interview with BBC,  for that to happen he has to finish in the top 5.

Reply to this Topic
BANDIT2005

Mar 09

BANDIT2005 says:

Bradley

Much as I want to see British riders doing well in motogp I just don't think Bradley has got what it takes to be a top rider.Hope he proves me wrong.Also Cal is overrated and should be replaced by Redding.

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

Smith's results

To gauge how well Bradley Smith is riding, all you need to do is look at the results which have been achieved by his team mates and the other riders using the Tech 3 chassis over the past 2 years;

2011:

Smith - 7th (121pts)
Mike Di Meglio - 23rd (30pts)
Xavier Siméon - 26th (23pts)

2012 (to date):

Smith - 7th (77pts)
Xavier Siméon - 18th (17pts)

It's commonly excepted that the Tech 3 bike hasn't had much in the way of development, that it isn't the best out there and that Bradley is riding the wheels off it.

The won has 3 125 races during his tenure in the class, so he has the talent... some riders have gotten works rides in MotoGP for less.

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

GOOD

point.. good stats...

Nice one Neil!

Also I disagree with BANDIT... Cal is not overrated IMO he's on it.. Consistently beating Bens Pies and at the time of your post ahead of Dovi in the standings

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices