Skip to content

Discuss This British MotoGP: Lorenzo extends championship lead with win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > British MotoGP: Lorenzo extends championship lead with win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

British MotoGP: Lorenzo extends championship lead with win

Factory Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo extended his lead at the top of the championship with a dominant win at Silverstone today. Lorenzo got off to a slow start, as team-mate Ben Spies took to the lead ahead of Stoner and pole sitter Alvaro Bautista. It wasn't until lap seven that Lorenzo started to make his way to the front. Lorenzo had a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 June 2012 14:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
FullStopBenny

Jun 12

I like to name the sheep ...

... before i caress them. Baaa.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

@FullStopBenny

Congrats, man.  You've totally owned me on this one.  Classic!

Fuck, I hope you're not Wosi.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

leemuz

Dont know where you get your info from but i think you could be right on all counts, It should make for an intresting season next year if it does. 

most punters are saying the yamaha is the best bike but to me with Lorenzo riding it its the best rider/bike combo.. i still think the Honda is a better motorcycle but Stoner cant manage his tyres. I would still like to see jonathan Rea on a works Honda Rather than Marquez. To me he rides very mutch like Lorenzo. very smooth and deceptivly fast 

Reply to this Topic
FullStopBenny

Jun 12

... i'm so fu**ing cool.

Reply to this Topic
FullStopBenny

Jun 12

The name's Benny ...

... and i like to think of myself like i think of my idol. Cool. But with the hilarious failures such as below, im anything but ...

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

i`m not surprised

u look like a steaming turd......get over it

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Ellipsis...

...the correct name for an omission indicated by three full stops

Reply to this Topic
bluAero

May 12

bluAero says:

aquarius

re: OH BOY - MORON CITY (1)

Hi, I'm the intellectually-challenged Zombie Moron you were speaking of. Can you show me where Crutchlow referred to an R1?, other than the author's headline? In this interview Cal uses the words "road bike", not R1.

If Cal did say R1, why was it edited out of the interview and replaced with "road bike"? If Cal said R1 in a different interview, why use that quote to headline this piece?

You see, "road bike" could mean a lot of things on two wheels and the point is well made. But when the author changes "road bike" to "R1" it becomes very specific and thus the comment becomes loaded. It changes the dinamic of the quote. He gave it a little tweak to help get your attention. Did you notice? Do you care? Changing words spoken by others and claiming it's still a quote is not whimsical, it's journalistic blaspheme.

It's not a lack of understanding nuance, but a highly tuned ear for it that's causing my concern with this, and I noticed a lot of people fell right into line and didn't think twice about it.

Good night aquarius. Sleep well. - or -

If you choose, wake up. It's all around you.    

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

bluAero

British MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow ‘I’d be faster on an R1�
Matthew Birt, 15 June 2012 22:14

Cal Crutchlow reckons he could have lapped the Silverstone track today faster on a production Yamaha R1 machine than his prototype YZR-M1 MotoGP bike after the British rider experienced a tough start to his home race at the Northamptonshire track.

Hope this clears things up. (unless it's an authors headline)  

Reply to this Topic
leemuz

Jul 08

leemuz says:

riders-teams

Bradders deal is done and dusted, the contract signed and the place taken......so 100% defo

Cal has expressed interest in going to ducati personally.....

Marquez is already sponsored by repsol....along with many smaller sponsors that will not tolerate Marquez

taking a year out to go to a satelite team, so this is why honda are forcing through the rookie rule, or the scrapping of it.

I was chatting with someone 'in the motogp loop' and they told me the above may happen....

And yeah its not always how good you are it's what you bring to the table...

Marquez brings many sponsors....VR sells bikes and merchandise....so Yam or gresini would be glad of the income....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices