Skip to content

Discuss This British MotoGP: Casey Stoner worried by Honda pace MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > British MotoGP: Casey Stoner worried by Honda pace

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

British MotoGP: Casey Stoner worried by Honda pace

Casey Stoner says he is more worried about the pace of his Honda RC213V machine than he is about falling 25-points behind Jorge Lorenzo after a third straight defeat in yesterday’s British Grand Prix at Silverstone. Stoner was leading at the Northamptonshire track until the halfway stage when Lorenzo powered his factory Yamaha YZR-M1 machine into first and the Spaniard went...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 June 2012 14:07)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
FullStopBenny

Jun 12

No story about dovi here ...

... i guess i'll go finger myself elsewhere.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

More like Yamaha has Hondas number the M1 rules the RC213V sucks.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

FullStopBenny

Genius , made my day :D

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

Surely...

... its becoming all too obvious this lunatic tyre rule must now go. Casey Stoner is now NOT ALLOWED to use the tyre he wants to use, why!?! Valentino Rossi is NOT ALLOWED to use the tyre he wants?? This stupid rule cannot be applied to 200mph bikes - far too dangerous - this rule must go, now. New rules only need to specify that 1. 'Whatever tyre is supplied to any rider the exact specification must also be available to all other riders'. 2. 'No annual tyre contracts are allowed, tying any rider or team to any tyre manufacturer'. Giving the riders a right to change manufacturer at any time. Ben Spies might run Michelin, Vale might run Pirelli, great! With everyone happy with their tyres we would see better racing and FAIR racing.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Agreed

Have to admit I am frigging sick and tired of listening to race commentaries on either Motogp or F1 spouting off about tyre degradation, switching tyres on, tyre conservation, temperature ranges, fuel conservation and any othe rfrigging factor that stops a race driver / rider doing what they should be doing. Throttle wide open from start to finish and wringing everything they can out of their car / bike, lap after lap. Last F1 race you have Rosberg being told to conserve fuel 20 minutes into a 2 hour race....  Utterly unacceptable. Tyres going off after a handful of laps, tyres in Motogp giving up on one side on two leading bike's rear tyres after 10 minutes of a 40 minute race. Unacceptable. The prospect of seeing a Ducati finally challenging for a top 4? position wrecked because of tyre wear.

Time for something to be done. If people want endurance or economy racing there are other series for them.

F1 and Motogp are supposed to be the pinnacle of racing where you want to see the best extracting the maximum from their cars / bikes over the entire race. Not races being won on who has the best electronics package that helps manage tyre wear. (Stoner and Spies excepted this time as it appears they possibly had duff tyres) 

Maybe time to reduce the power (what's the point f it all when they dumb it down with electronics as they are unrideable without) set a control ECU as per BSB and open up the tyre supply as suggested by BMEP

Otherwise, we're going to be treated to watching them ride like they're on an economy run in future the way things are going.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Well they fo have former Yamaha techs there to solve the problem Yamaha has got their number which is great to see.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

It's never rider issues is it?

Reply to this Topic
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

boybilly exactly

Amazing how punters on here cannot accept that their riders get it wrong sometimes.
Duff tyres my arse.Spies has not performed at all this season and it looks like Stoner has not a clue how to set up a bike properly to last race distance.
The fast Ducati he won on went backwards after 07.Last years honda developed by Pedrosa won him a championship but now with the new bike he and Honda are lost at present while Lorenzo and Yamaha are improving bit by bit.
Great ride by Crutchlow though nowt wrong with his tyres.

Reply to this Topic
FullStopBenny

Jun 12

Shame about Dovi ...

... He would have won if it wasn't for the little incident.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

So Jack

Amazing how punters on here cannot accept that their riders get it wrong sometimes.

You know for a fact that Stoner and Spies both set their bikes up incorrectly and both in a way that both just happened to suffer severe wear and blistering on the left hand side after a few laps? Are you suggesting that Spies was pushing that much more aggressively than the other 3 Yamaha riders?

There is every possibility that sometimes, a batch of tyres may have a construction problem. Law of averages and all that.

As for 'their' riders - I didn't single out any one rider did I. Every race, someone is having problems with tyres or fuel and I've had enough of it. It's not pure racing.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle