Skip to content

Discuss This British MotoGP: Valentino Rossi suffers more Silverstone misery MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > British MotoGP: Valentino Rossi suffers more Silverstone misery

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

British MotoGP: Valentino Rossi suffers more Silverstone misery

Silverstone remains Valentino Rossi’s bogey track after the Italian finished yesterday’s British Grand Prix in a lowly ninth position. Rossi was off the pace all weekend in dry conditions and more trouble with Ducati’s inherent understeer issue meant he never looked like competing for a top six finish in the 20-lap race. Rossi was so ineffective on the GP12 that British rider...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 June 2012 14:43)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gaziskwakers

Feb 06

gaziskwakers says:

Bridgestone are killing this

years championship, Now the Ducati has chatter to rival even Honda's. And after watching the corner entry speeds and lines during saturday ( and yes I was there and not just watching on tv), I have to say that to have a choice of only two tyres for the premier class of motorcycle racing is just farcical. I get more choice than that for my road bike. Come on Bridgestone and Dorna have a rethink PLEASE.

Reply to this Topic
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

gaziquakers

your not a moaner fan by chance. are u?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Oooh... look Wosi...

Rossi, Silverstone - "I tried to stay with them, but I struggled a lot with mid-corner chatter, and a couple of times I came close to losing control of the bike."

Hard tyre?... low grip conditions?... it defies conventional wisdom!!!

Classic... :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/community/Forums/Categories/Topic/?topic-id=430116&start-page=30

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Silverstone+Ducati+Race

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Chatter is in no way 'solely' the offspring of too much grip, could just as easy be suspension or a number of vibrations acting together, it is indeed a dark art with few hard and fast rules .... You can get it on road bikes with road tyres.. Casey has had real chatter problems at the two races this season, one with low grip and wet at the other.. And at least one race in good conditions, where he made no mention of chatter..

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

gaziskwakers

Ducati have had chatter problems all along, so have Yamaha (ask Spies) it's not just a Honda problem. The difference with Ducati is that it took longer for them to spot it as they confused it with the front end problems they were having all along. Some riders (particularly Lorenzo) have learned to ride around the chatter rather than bitching about it. The tyres aren't killing the championship because they are exactly the same for everybody. What puzzles me about Honda and especially Stoner is that they started the season whining about chatter and because everybody said the sidewalls were too stiff Bridgestone made a new tyre with more flexible sidewalls. Now the Honda camp, lead by Stoner, are whining about the new tyre. If Yamaha and their riders can learn to deal with it then surely the largest motorcycle manufacturer in the world has the resources to sort it too? In WSBK we have Ducati thinking the rules should be written to suit them and in MotoGP it's Honda.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

... you were wrong... time was you would have been man enough to admit that. Now you just chuck out hollow insults... & this is this week's news... or have you given up reading Rossi quotes?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Ha ha...

... but you said that it went against "conventional wisdom" to suggest it could get worse in low grip conditions. Now you're saying it has no black & white answer... changing your angle now it's not Stoner doing the moaning.

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

should a rider of his standing

Have a "bogey track" ? Sadly Vale is becoming the "bogey man",It's time he was better than this at least the top Ducati man consistantly,My take on it is this ,He has been a great rider and a great talent ,His popularity is still second to none,but even if he were on the Honda or the Yamaha right now he would be still finding things tough,I am not saying he couldn't win or be on the podium on a regular basis, but the days of dominance are over for good,He is a llittle older and not in a great place in his head , Loreno is at the top of his game and lets not forget last time they were on level machinery they were battling hard and Jorge could beat him,On top of that other young guns have moved on,He is far from done for and can win races for sure ,but we have to be realistic Great rider great fan base,  time is not on his side, we will see him win a gp again but not another championship,Thats no disgrace with his record ,He must give up on the Ducati though it has beaten him

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Not good Vale

Not too good at all, hopefully he makes a quick escape from Ducati and finishes his career off with a few good results.

PS. MCN - Who are theses 2 'members' that are posting on every story with their schoolboy bullshit. I try not to use the word very often as it is so strong but they can only be described as:

A pair of CUNTS

Do yourselves a favour as moderators and bombe them and their alter ego's out the door befor you loose several users.

Cheers & appologies for the language kids!

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

+1 thestiq08

Done and dusted Rossi is not,he is just a yard or 3 slower and less comitted than he was 3 years ago.

At the GPC,no rules are cast in stone for any length of time. I think the rule book should be cast in stone for 5 years at least. In the interests of the sport and cost saving. Remember all the hype about 1000 being 990 ? The GPC should have stuck with 800 for a few more years. 1000 has changed the series naught, other than to see Suz and Kwak withdraw.

Back to Rossi. The GPC need to fast track unlimited prototype entries per manufacturer for 2013. Rossi is boxed into Ducati right now and I won't begrudge him an escape hatch to a Honda or Yamaha seat even if only to prove that he is declining with age as we all do. Ducati need to get shot of him and he needs to get shot of them to whatever end for both parties.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices