You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Second hand kit

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

MrKarl

Sep 11

MrKarl says:

Second hand kit

Does anyone know of any decent sites to get second hand kit to, or should I just buy it new?

I want to get some leathers, a guy who I ride with said I can get decent kit online and doesn't mean forking out however much.

Only problem is, is that my height is a bit disproportionate, i'm about 5-10/11" but my legs are about 32W 28-30L so I doubt many people would be selling kit I like who are the same height. 

So if anyone knows a decent site which offers cheap variety of kit leather jacket/trousers, boots, gloves. Would be greatful.

Or should I just buy a kit outright? Was looking at Hein Gerike or RST.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 June 2012 21:47)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

If you're

an awkward shape / size, your best bet is to try gear on in a shop; bear in mind every manufacturer has their own ideas regarding size anyhow.

I personally prefer buying from a shop for that very reason (even though its more expensive).

A decent shop should be able to do you a decent price.

Reply to this Topic
MrKarl

Sep 11

MrKarl says:

AdieR

Do you have a preferred brand/shop? :biggrin:

I am trying to find something reasonably cheap but not of bad quality. Was looking at the RST Slice/Tractech Jacket/boots/gloves and the Shark S900 helmet because I like the style. However I will try one different helmets as different brands shape different heads. 

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

I usually

use my local bike shop 2 streets away, he tends to be pretty good with pricing / deals.

Haven't particularly got a preferred brand, but my advice is steer clear of the Rayven stuff; I've got some, and some of it doesn't seem all that well made.

Reply to this Topic
MrKarl

Sep 11

MrKarl says:

Okies

:laugh:

There is a store where I bought my bike from and they seem to be well equip. Also they gave me a card which I get money back on my purchase so if I did buy stuff new I get a bit of money back :sunglasses:

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

kit

I use Akito gear. It's very low priced. Also, consider SPADA kit. It's also low in price.

Reply to this Topic
MrKarl

Sep 11

MrKarl says:

I'll have a look!

I saw some people wearing akito, I've never heard of it so didn't really look into it.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Akito

Akito has been about for over 10 years now. My original jacket (10 years old) is so comfy, I just can't retire it. It's not fully waterproof any more, and probably not quite as warm as it was when new. But it cost £100 with a free pair of gloves (worth £40) when new. I believe the Akito model that replaces it (Python 2?) is approx £60.
SPADA is also inexpensive.

Reply to this Topic
MrKarl

Sep 11

MrKarl says:

I will have a look

I looked on the website and Akito has a supplier near me. I like the look of Spada too seeing as they go for in-expense but quality.

Also RST is apparently sturdy for their price so will just have to shop around. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices