Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should Cal Crutchlow go to Ducati? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Should Cal Crutchlow go to Ducati?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Should Cal Crutchlow go to Ducati?

Ducati have apparently offered British star Cal Crutchlow a two year deal to ride their MotoGP bike. But, given its reputation as a career buster, should he go for it? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 June 2012 17:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
richyfast5

Feb 06

richyfast5 says:

Ducati??

Id rather see him extend his contract with tech3. At least wait and see how much the new updates improve the bike after laguna. If they were reluctant to change things for Stoner who delivered them a title, why would they listen to Cal?

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

Cal has a very 'Ragged style'  that i think would suit the ducati.

go for it cal!

Reply to this Topic
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

a stab in the dark

i would rather see the proof of the offer first! there's one guy in the outfit who is struggling more than the other , so for cal to be offered a deal at ducati would mean one of the present riders must not be wanted. if it is so , that leaves only one seat at tech3 as the only available prototype. and that is only if by some freak stab in the back occurs to brad smith! i think motogp is becoming a very ugly place to work. and then of course we have the ol ever present rumor mill that all the reporters seem to print as fact.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Cal would have to be pretty stupid to go for Ducati. Ducati are still spending their time chasing the satellite bikes, so to move from a satellite bike to a Ducati doesn't seem a logical move. Rossi let his wallet make the decision for him even though his comments in his autobiography pretty much predicted what would happen if he moved to Ducati and look where that got him. As for the idea that Cal's style would suit the Ducati, daver46, what races have you been watching? The Ducati is very hard on it's tyres, a ragged style wouldn't suit the Ducati at all. However one thing that really wouldn't suit the Ducati is Cal's high corner entry speed. The Ducati is short on front end grip so Cal wouldn't be able to use that style on the Desmosedici unless Ducati were to change the bike to suit his style. Ducati do not have a history of altering their bikes to suit their riders, they expect the riders to change to suit the bike. Cal needs to be trying to get his arse on a factory Yamaha or Honda. Ducati's insistence that they are getting closer to the leaders is misleading. Yes they are, but that's not the same as being close to winning. To win you don't just need to be as fast as the leading bikes, you need to be faster.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

If they pay him enough..

The fact the Ducati is presently under performing might add a certain leverage to the financial package his team might be able to negotiate. He wants a factory ride and this might be the perfect time to get a seat on the Duc, particularly as the amount of development on this bike may produce a cracker for next season. If he's offered a ride, he'd be a fool not to take it.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Cal

I think all this conjecture is losing sight of the goal here , Surely Cals goal is to be world champion ? or is it to just get by and be the typical British sportsman who accepts he's not the best but has a damned good try anyway? All the riders out there except Lorenzo and Stoner get maybe 4 years at getting to the top , Hayden, Rossi, De Puniet , Edwards , Espargaro, and the rest are merely making up the numbers .Rossi is a safe bet to keep as a rider , hes a good advert , Hayden im not so sure but who else would ride the Ducati? Pedrosa can shine but hes spanish and repsol says what goes in the Honda camp ,Dovi has had his shot and failed , Spies is never going to make it either , so give Cal a factory ride next year and if he isnt a regular podium challenger , then he should go too .

Reply to this Topic
mezzer

Jul 11

mezzer says:

Depends on what is on the table for him from other manufacturers/teams. If dovi beats cal in the overall standings why should tech3 keep him? especially as Smith is almost 100% in moto gp with them. If HRC offer him a bike - bite their hand off! If Yamaha offer him a bike - happy days! If non of the above happens, jump on that Ducati Cal, or you will end up on a CRT or WSB!

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Too

many fast riders.

Not enough fast bikes. 

I would like Cal to really achieve something on a more tried and tested Yam/Honda before doing a speculative ride on a Ducati.

I`m saying this with sadness as a Ducati nut with two in the garage and five previous Ducs, but its too risky.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Come on Yamaha

The way Cal rode on Sunday must show Yamaha that he can potentially get podiums, especially with a factory ride. His style is not suited to Ducati, no-one in the near future is going to get that Ducati on the top step, and if Cal fails to perform he's out, and just another failed Brit. He needs to stay where he is or move up onto a factory Yamaha, and he's the best hope we've got of a Brit winning a MotoGP.  

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Cal Joining team Duck?

Would that be a good idea?.....In a word.....no!! .

Why go from a competitive team , to a uncompetitive team .

Does Cal have the develpment skills to turn the bike around? , probably not . To be honest , Rossi/Hayden have not managed , so i dont think Cal will manage either .

Personaly if was him , i would stick with Yamaha.....tech3 or factory .

The second team on my shopping list would be HRC.

Right now , Team Duck is the last garage i would walk into.......

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices