Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should Cal Crutchlow go to Ducati? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Should Cal Crutchlow go to Ducati?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Should Cal Crutchlow go to Ducati?

Ducati have apparently offered British star Cal Crutchlow a two year deal to ride their MotoGP bike. But, given its reputation as a career buster, should he go for it? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 June 2012 17:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

bradley has 37pts his team mate has 6pts he's riding the wheels off a bag of shit and herve can see that he hasn't lost any potential just does not have the bike under him stick him on a calex or suter podium most races

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Not a simple yes or no,but do people think that Cal can become Moto GP champ as Lorenzos team mate and if the answer is no were does he go.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Check out (Jane Stanton Donnor Artist) Facebook page for completed Simoncelli oil panting. Very good. Sorry don't mean to spam my mums page but check it out guys 50x40 inch ;)

Reply to this Topic
bruce1937

Jul 11

bruce1937 says:

In this game of musical chairs, he should grab this one with both hands.

The Ducati is no where near as bad as you all make out, it just takes someone with the balls to take it by the scruff of the neck. Hayden, although a great bloke and rider has never displayed that character but his results show that it has the potential to run at the front if the rider is good enough.

Rossi no longer has the motivation to do so and if Cal can, then he will cement his claim to be considered one of the top riders out there.

Reply to this Topic
1986vfr750

Apr 09

1986vfr750 says:

cal may as well

Take the duke offer...rossi will return to factory yamaha...yam will always choose rossi over cruthlow...so cal should take the money. Rossi will leave in a couple of years to make history by winning wsbk crown then cal can have a yamaha factory bike. Yamaha gets rossi cheap plus they will get a sponser again and rossi will get an awesome bike. Rossi might not win another championship again, although in the right circumstances i think hes got one more in him, but he can definitely still win races. Personally id like to see him on factory supported honda as i think his best chance to beat jorge is on a equal but different bike, but even on the same bike rossi will be competitive again, and thats always a good thing for the show

Reply to this Topic
ACEEDSTORM

Oct 10

ACEEDSTORM says:

Lots of Brits over the yrs have made disasturous career moves in GP's,i just  hope Cal doesn't add to that list.Stay with Yamaha Cal,Ducati will withdraw from this championship very soon.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Seems to me that anyone who's fast on a Yamaha can't repeat it on a Ducati but beggars can't be choosers and I fear that the only factory team to give Cal a call will be Ducati so he should and will take it if offered.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Ducati quits MotoGP future will come into serious doubt.

Ducati withdraw from the championship will spring the future of MotoGP into serious doubt a two manufacturer championship does not sound right in my view.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

If history repeats itself

The gulf between the factory bikes and the satellite bikes will widen next year. As the development continues and the factories decide what to pass on. At the moment yamaha are very happy to have a satellite bike that can challenge. Next year maybe less so, making a tech 3 seat less of a hot proposition. Added to the possibilty of a more sorted ducati with audi R&D and it's fair to say the only silly thing cal could do now is not keep his options open.

Reply to this Topic
hoon

Jan 05

hoon says:

if its available take an extra year on a good handling bike i.e the yam so he knows the tracks well,then you never know the duc might progress enough in a years time to warrant taking the lucre

imo ducati need to take a step back (lets face it the bikes worse since jb and vale have been playing with it) stoner put total faith in the electronics when he rode it as did capi on the 990 ,vale cant/wont ride like that and im not sure if cal can/will  either

good luck to cal though whatever he does hes been awesome this year ,podium cant be far away now

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices