Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What's the fastest you've ever ridden on a UK road? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: What's the fastest you've ever ridden on a UK road?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What's the fastest you've ever ridden on a UK road?

Next week in MCN we ride a road legal turbo-charged Suzuki Hayabusa that has been clocked at 249mph. This was on an airstrip of course, but got us thinking. So… pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 June 2012 17:50)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
firebladekenny

Jul 05

Speeding poll

Well done MCN .... This is just the sort of thing the anti-bike brigade will love to get their hands on. I can see the headlines now......how stupid can you get?

Reply to this Topic
zx12rbadassisnowzx6rbadass

Sep 11

whats up with everyone

i only ever travel at 1 mile = 1.6 x 10^3 m

1 hour = 3600 seconds

3.00 x 10^8 m/s x (3600 s/1 hour) x (1 m/1.6 x 10^3 mi) = 6.75 x 10^8 miles/hour :unsure:

Reply to this Topic
triskellion

Mar 09

triskellion says:

A rather silly poll, I would recommend not taking part as you will only give evidence to those who want bikers abolished, I cant understand why they have asked this question? Dont put your illegal speeds on record!!  will car magazines ask the same question?

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

yet more evidence that mcn has lost the plot.endless stupid polls.rehashed tests ie 25 years of this or that.boring mcn.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Fucking morons, just like there iPhone app that records their riding data, ie routes and speeds ect. Only a fucking idiot would use that.

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Whilst you're at it MCN, why don't you have a poll on: How many Doctors have carried out Euthanasia on terminally ill patients? Some of these polls belong in a Monty Python sketch!

Reply to this Topic
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

my top speed was 62mph, on a yamaha sr125, on a good day when it decided to play nice and not limit itself to 50mph for reasons unknown to me...

Reply to this Topic
urban-ryder

Jul 07

urban-ryder says:

?

thought this was an joke when someone told me about it on a bike

forum.Anti bike groups will be eager to hear the results.

can see the newspapers now...maniac  bikers admit doing over double the speed

limit in motorcycle news, Mp's call for 70mph restrictors and tracking devices.

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Car vs Bike

There must be a ratio of pedestrians killed by speeding bikes or cars, I am sure it would point to the fact that we all know on here - Bikes are only dangerous to the people who ride them, should i want to do 150+ down the road, I know the consequences / risk and I will take both when deemed safe!!

If you wanted to stop speeding in the uk make every vehicle do 70MPH bikes, cars the lot! save a huge amount of money, be greener and reduce insurance claims - mind you I would be bored stupid and it would be against my human rights!!!! Ha Ha

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Whoops - own goal mcn!

Not the best idea on a public forum.

Why not run a headline story next week - "Majority of Bikers admit to riding at illegal speeds" - do your bit to keep us all in line

so my answer = 70 (officer!)

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices