Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: What would stop you breaking speed limits? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: What would stop you breaking speed limits?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: What would stop you breaking speed limits?

New government proposals recommend increasing fixed penalties for speeding from £60 to £90. Will this reduce the frequency you break the speed limit? And if not, what would? Don't forget to add your comment below. pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 June 2012 17:56)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

MCN ?

So what happened to your other Question regarding speed ?

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

what shite........

...........Its all been said before, Were all in it together dave said (before being elected of course) stop persecuting the motorist......yeah........ well sticking the fines up aint going to stop speeding, its just more money for the skint Governement........they are all the same whoever you vote for.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

speed

The price of petrol!!t,plus getting locked up for speeding how can that be fair,still have a clean license for over 28years now. snev is spot on.......

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

bloody hell

you should be fined for stupidity rather than speeding

speeding is not dangerous but stupidity is

if you want to do 200mph through traffic your stupid but do it on an open clear rd its fun

try and ride through tight bends beyond your and your bikes ability stupid but ride to your own and bikes caperbility safe

Reply to this Topic
Cyclonite

Oct 10

Cyclonite says:

Well

In this post All motorcyclists speed apparently.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

brutale r...please....

have a shave.... you put me off my curry...... jeeees thats some scary bush.

Reply to this Topic
TheWookie

Feb 10

TheWookie says:

Time to raise the limits on roads where that course of action is appropriate.

I ride to conditions and hazards around me...

The worst thing these days I reckon is actually people not knowing the NEW  roundabout techniques... they even put dotted lines round 'em now to show you how the lanes shift as you go round! People are so fucking blind.

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

simple put the speed limits back to what they were before the dogooders poked their noses in.

for egsample the snake pass was a 60 mph limit now its 50 and bloody signs everywhere its for your saftey.

And what the fuck is that all about some twat wants the speed limit on all roads in and around towns reduced to 20 mph . What next a man with a red flag in front of every vehical in the land

for fuck sake i dont want to be safe or i would be wrapped in cotton wool.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

50 mph...

On a recent trip along the A4055 Fosse way..... you know... the dead straight Roman road... which is erm.... straight !....Some half wit has installed raised rumble "hurdles" that are dark red coloured, for no other reason than to completely throw you about ....I would hate to have to break quickly on them ( and im not talking about a layer of paint here) . Whats more a 50 mph limit has been imposed and there are lots of signs saying "Think Bike"............. Tell you what... let's take a few road/safety experts for a spot of pillion education For starters I would pick a nice newly surfaced.... Loose gravel road , I could go on and on.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

hang on a minute....

Government... "We promise to build more roads to get Britain moving". Tax funded Council Tin Pot...... Bugger that..... lets restrict the speed, add a few traffic calming measures, chuck in a few rumble strips,about a million traffic lights, Give way to on-coming traffic chicanes, as many cast iron drain covers in the worst possible places, loads of metal sign posts and just for good measure we will hide all the utilities under the road so that in 12 months time the water companies can dig it all up again....!!! And to pay for it all... lets persecute the bastards that dare use them. Cynical ??? your damn right I am.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices