You are in... Forums > General > General > My local dealer

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

snagsboson

Apr 09

snagsboson says:

My local dealer

Having recently had my ZZR 1400 in for it's annual service, I thought I'd share my experience and see if anyone has experienced a similar attitude.

I have been using this same dealer for around 4 years. Both my Dad and I have purchased bikes from this dealer. Almost all mine, my wife's , my Dad's and my Father in Laws bike gear has come from there. Tyres and servicing are always done there as well as any spares. 

However, when I booked it in for the service I was quoted £175. When I picked my bike up I was charged £195. No extra work had been carried out and when I questioned the mechanic (the same one who booked it in) adopted a don't care attitude.

I was also dismayed that my bike was covered in oily finger marks and was dirty. I always keep it immaculately clean. I don't expect to have to clean my bike after having paid £200 for a service!

I wrote a letter to the manager of the dealership airing my grievances and have received no response. Obviously trade is so good that my custom is no longer required! I am extremely disappointed in the service I have received and even more so about the 'throw away' attitude that I feel I have been shown. I have a good relationship with the sales team and clothing department and I am regretful to say that I will take my custom elsewhere in future.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 June 2012 19:29)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

snagsboson...

if youre in Donny, there is a Kwaka dealer in Lincoln... bout 50miles i reckon.... if you come down through Gainsborough its not a bad ride either...

its listed as "the other bike shop" i got my blade from them and they seem to be very customer focused...

they are a ducatti and kawasaki dealer..

http://www.theotherbikeshop.co.uk/

Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

local dealer

white widow... preunit beat me to it bah

Reply to this Topic
Tabasco

May 09

Tabasco says:

SlowLearner

I'll trouble you with my motorcycling requirements!

Do you like your cocks dry or lubed?

Reply to this Topic
NORTHERNHELLBOY

Feb 10

soory dude, BUT

if you weren't happy, why pay and walk away, and then grumble about it?

Surely, at the point of payment, you should have made your point clear there and THEN..and TOLD them to clean the bike.

I find it is often better to talk face to face, in a clear but polite/firm manner...you often get a better deal, rather than sending a "snot-agram" AFTER you've paid and walked away.

sorry dude, but you need to grow a pair. :smile

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Two Sides to every story

I got a friend to do some digging...

"We've got a PDF file for all services for all bikes on our service counter with all services priced up for all staff to access - no confusion there. The fingerprints are, however, an issue which is being addressed!"

The other part of the response was unfavourable about the customer - LOL :wink:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices