Skip to content

Ask an Expert points technicality?? Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > points technicality??

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

points technicality??

ok, so last year i got a fixed penalty for speeding.. 90 in a 70.. it was a straight dual carriageway, clear, dry, very little traffic. however, got stopped by an unmarked car. now my query is this.. i have recently moved and just found the ticket given to me at the roadside... on this ticket the offence code is stated as "LO20 Exceed 70mph" on my licence it is stated as "SP30" also the category of vehicle on the ticket is stated as PLG, where as on the tax etc it is always listed as "motorcycle"

does any one thing i have any recourse for appealing the points n fine on technicalities?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 June 2012 07:57)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

Afraid not fella......

If you had challenged the ticket at the time then you may have had a chance, but you have paid the fine and therefore accepted the offence. Take it on the chin and be thankful that he didn't catch you 5 minutes earlier when you were flat out............:wink:

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

tc...

i have accepted that i was speeding... and it isnt a major crisis to me, just thought id see what my chances were if i got a bit cheeky.... :wink:

he did say at the time that he couldve summonds me to court for that speed, but then said that although i was doing 90, my riding wasnt dangerous, and i was in control etc, and that i chose an "appropriate road" on which to break the law.. so he offere the fixed penalty... The copper was pretty decent about it actually..

Reply to this Topic
arryace

Apr 10

arryace says:

all irrelevant

the code on the ticket is a code used by that force the SP30 is a national code both meaning the same thing.

PLG?

again doesnt make any difference as the limit for both a a 'motorbicyle' and a PLG is the same

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices