Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Fastest recorded motorcycle lap of the Nurburgring General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Video: Fastest recorded motorcycle lap of the Nurburgring

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Fastest recorded motorcycle lap of the Nurburgring

Part-time hotel worker Andy Carlile recently set the fastest ever recorded bike lap of the fearsome German circuit on his standard-engined Yamaha R1 - by accident.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 June 2012 09:25)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hyabusa1340

Apr 11

Hyabusa1340 says:

Blimey. I would like to see Clarkson on the back of that Bike!

Reply to this Topic
Cypher6

Jul 11

Cypher6 says:

Accident?

Can MCN please expand on 'by accident?' Was he on a commute when he took a wrong turning onto the 'Ring and merely set the FASTEST EVER LAP as he thought he was late for work??? From the looks of this video he had every intention of setting a seriously quick time... I wonder what Mcguiness or Martin could do it in?

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

eh

and.............................and.......................and.................. was it on play-station

Reply to this Topic
Lagwagon

May 10

Lagwagon says:

spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Cypher6

Andy didn't go out at that time to set the fastest bike lap but traffic and road conditions allowed him to keep his pace up.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

not bad!!did do 6.29 on a duc...welll that was some time ago....on a ps2....that was a great lap and would have been quicker without trafic.nice 1.

Reply to this Topic
gordonakelly

May 12

gordonakelly says:

Misleading description

Visit this page for more info about the lap and the rider: http://bridgetogantry.com/2/index.php/motorcycles/427-fastest-motorcycle-lap-of-the-ring-really It was hardly done 'by accident', he lives beside the Nurburgring and has completed "thousands of laps" on a carefully developed bike.

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

Holy Shit

Let's see that's left, right, left then er...............   well impressed

Reply to this Topic
rustysheriffsbadge

Jul 10

GREAT LAP

Great lap!Nice lines, obviously knows the ring inside out. The complete lack of runoff on almost every corner scares me but is also one of the reasons It is on the to do list. (when I find my balls.and a few hundred quid.

Reply to this Topic
anoldhand

Jun 12

anoldhand says:

LOL  @ by accident gotta love journalistic licence

calculated and deliberate more like

but a great lap all the same

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale