Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Are Triumph right to follow BMW so closely? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: Are Triumph right to follow BMW so closely?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Are Triumph right to follow BMW so closely?

The new Triumph Trophy 1200 will be revealed this Friday evening here on www.motorcyclenews.com, but thanks to spy shots we already have a very good idea what it will look like: a BMW R1200RT crossed with a smidge of Pan European. This follows Triumph's Tiger 800, which looked remarkably like a BMW F800.So do you think Triumph are right to shamelessly...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 June 2012 16:22)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

Yes and NO...yes because is obvious that is intetion but i think that is a big mystake, which wasnt be just in case of much lower price which i do not believe...Triumph was make big time come back whit EU-Jap targeting bikes(like was Spead  and Streatt triple,Daytona,Sprint, Tiger1050 which is to this days most beautiful motorcycle in the multi utility class and so on but again for that mentioned big come back triumph can to congratuleated to his enginears and  USA "division" kind of bikes(but whit much better balance, like whole package) much better than, the majority of American made bikes(probably better then any of USA makers), and now we have this new Explorer, Tiger's, and this" Kinder Egg", which will buy almost no one who wanted to be such a road cruiser (personally I would rather take the Honda GoldWing or BMW 6-cylinder) so I say again, depends on how the price-positioned, if it is in the range of BMW, will not be able to count on a great sale, but if for some cheaper 10% to 15%  with full equipment compared whit worse equipped BMW, Triumph then perhaps can hope a solid sales, but again, a complete course that took the triumph in the last for  years I can't like. O.K i wait for new TIGER SPORT..to see how will he look like.

Reply to this Topic
nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

Unfortunately ...

Triumph have no choice but to follow BMW. BMW seem to be the driving force in new innovation with the S1000RR and are leaving the rest in their wake. I would love to see a British manufacturer come up with a truly great bike but have seen nothing come from Triumph lately that would indicate it will come from them.

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

BMW and Inovation

BMW specifically with model RR1000, has not brought some big technical news, except that it is better(or better balanced,Suzuki GSX-1000R, whit that engineering capacities in BMW and it would be strange if it is not, and they again took nearly 4 years to start, winning the WSB, now the whole world knows that the RR1000 is made by copying the winning Super-bike Suzuki GSX1000R K5, but with lower mounted engine cylinders, that is, a lower angle, and it is for me the greatest technical novelty that makes BMW new six-cylinder engine,make so compact and small.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices