Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati in talks with Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati in talks with Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati in talks with Cal Crutchlow

Ducati is locked in talks with Cal Crutchlow and has offered the British rider a two-year deal to quit Yamaha next season, MCN can reveal. Crutchlow doesn’t have a contract with his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad for next season and interest in him has rocketed after a stunning start to 2012. The 26-year-old has scored three front row starts and finished...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 June 2012 16:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
parris

May 10

parris says:

Wow

Wow, what a craze season. What does this mean. Is it Rossi or Hayden going? Dear Lord please let it be Rossi leaving for somewhere good. Also I hope Cal doesn't waste two years at ducati.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

no no please dont go

please cal don't go the duc it will stall your career

look at rossi and haydens

ducati said

“We are speaking to Cal. He is a fast rider and aggressive and I think with our bike it is possible for him to get some good results."

he is already beating the duc's every weekend so how are they going to make him get any higher up

do your best to stay with yamaha

Reply to this Topic
A7X_916

Aug 08

A7X_916 says:

Risky move!

I think this all hinges on whether Cal can realistically get the factory M1 ride for 2013 and 2014; this will not be easy as Dovi is having a great season too and Spies is starting to turn his fortunes around. So, perhaps this boils down to Cal wanting a factory ride be it with Ducati or Honda. Tough call to make and I'm pleased it is one I don't have to make.

Reply to this Topic
FullStopBenny

Jun 12

Hi im Benny ...

... and over the last couple of days, i have been well and truly rattled. Keep cool folks, like Dovi.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Go for it Cal. Nothing to lose and plenty to gain.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

If Rossi goes then i'd expect Nicky to stay. If Rossi stay's to finish the job he started then 'WSB' for Nicky?

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

@paceycasey

nothing to lose but his career in motoGP ask MELANDRI

only thing to gain is money because the bike isnt going to get him to a win anytime soon

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Rossi or Hayden

Hayden is the expendable one in all this

Not necessarily? What has Rossi done (trying to be objective and realistic here) to make Ducati want to keep him?

By virtue of their past and their reputations, the expectation to deliver results is far higher on Rossi than Hayden. Simply, he hasn't and last weekend's performance was woeful.

Who knows what his options are outside of Ducati, there may be none, but is it feasible that Ducati let him go anyway? At the moment he is lost in terms of set up and direction and is resorting to using Hayden's set up, hence my first question, what is he giving?

Money is the obvious answer I guess, but how long will the source of that continue to stump up without anything to show for it. 2 years and no improvement. Can they gamble on that continuing? Unless of course, the new engine turns things around - but will it, realistically.

I've no wish to see Hayden out of a Ducati ride but I'd love to see Cal paired with Rossi and giving it to him. With what appear to be ever closing doors on a Yamaha ride, Ducati may be the only option - better than a satellite Honda ride?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Interesting thoughts

This could be an interesting one because there could be a swap deal Cal goes to Ducati and Nicky goes to Tech 3 just a thought.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Duke / BMW

Seems a little like the situ some time back with BMW and Corser/Xaus

They had one old guy, clearly a great rider and development expert, employed to make thier bike a winner, and a crazy spaniard to win the races - Duke have the old boy/Dev guy in rossi and have had thier share of young wild things in Melandri/Hayen ect to win - but to no avail, the same as BMW.

So BMW swapped out thier oldboy and wildone for two fast racers who could make a difference through thier adaptability, experience and big bollox. Duke need to do the same, get two younger guys who have no preconceptions and have talent to make the bike work by adpating thier style as much as adpatation of the bike (if duke would allow...).

Trouble is, who do you really have that fits the bill - Dovi, Cal, Spies, a Moto2 guy like Iannone or Redding or a WSBK guy such as Rea or Haslam? and who wants the risk of the career killing duke..?

So back on topic, dont do it Cal
If the Factory Yam offer is there then go for it, if Duke choose someone else it will be Spies which means you need, absolutely must beat your teammate to get the M1 ride.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices