Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati in talks with Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati in talks with Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati in talks with Cal Crutchlow

Ducati is locked in talks with Cal Crutchlow and has offered the British rider a two-year deal to quit Yamaha next season, MCN can reveal. Crutchlow doesn’t have a contract with his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad for next season and interest in him has rocketed after a stunning start to 2012. The 26-year-old has scored three front row starts and finished...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 June 2012 16:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

yes i am here

To answer your question...The reason Ducati have offered Crutchlow a contract is they know there is a very good chance they will lose one of their riders at the end of the season.They just might know a little bit more than they are saying believe it or not.

Ideally they want to keep them both probably because they realise no other riders will probably do any better.Just look at the big fail list.

Redding or Espagaro nostro dont make me laugh.
Completely wrong riding syles numpty.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Failure

Stoner wasn't a failure the last few years at Ducati, he rode well with the tools that he had (which wasn't good). But he was 4th in his last two years and as the saying goes, who remembers who comes 2nd, let alone 4th.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Oh 'ello Buelli

I wouldn't dream of trying to make a bloke with a humour lobotomy laugh.

Redding and Espargaro wrong styles eh? Wrong, as in hard chargers prepared to dominate a bike and 'bend' it to their will? I think Ducati's had a guts full of over paid, over hyped, meek and mild don't you think?

What does your shrivelled old  sac tell you when you rub those plexiglass balls within? Or would that be telling? Yeah, don't want to let the cat out of the bag early. That'd be uncool. Save it until after the event then declare your genius. You're a 'winner' Buelli - no doubt.

Crap is a comparative term Jolly you dull old duffer. As in crap in the company they keep.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

numpty

You have such a pleasant manner at times and have no respect for anybodys opinion but your own.
I thought you would have read up on what the professionals think whose riding styles would suit the Duke but you probably disagree with them as well.

Reply to this Topic
FullStopBenny

Jun 12

There's a good boy Benny ...

... all you needed was to be brang down a notch along with a kick up the arse. Now keep behaving yourself, and try keep the full stops to a minimum ..........

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

These ducati talks with Crutchlow in my opinion confirm Rossi's departure. Cant blame VR for going, 2 championships away from being crowned greatest moto gp rider of all time and thats what he wants. He hasnt got time to achieve that on the Ducati which is a shame but he can do it on the m1. Crutchlow would be a disaster on a ducati, unproven gp and over rated.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Jolly

I know Ducati fans like to think that if only Ducati could sign an alien for 2013 they would win the championship, but its very unlikely.

They and many others  thought the same at the end of 2010 when Vale signed for Ducati. Unforetunately Ducati signed an 'ailing' instead of an 'alien'.  Something seem's to have got lost in translation.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

If cal does sign for ducati and has abysmal results will he get the blame or will it be the bike...could be .very interesting

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Cal

I think Cal will do alright on the Duke, not because of his riding ability (although good), but because the Ducati is slowly getting better and by the end of the season won't be far off the pace. As I have said before, if Rossi and Hayden could have unlimited testing time, the bike would have been sorted by now. As it is, because the bike was so far off the pace and the info coming in was in dribs and drabs because of limited testing time, the bike couldn't be sorted. It seems like  this season the bike is responding in a more positive way and the info they have been collecting in the last few races will be more useful in pushing the bike forward.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

could be right Firebird

but as you say the bike has to improve and it may still well do that.
Ducati have a heap of new things to try in the near future apart from the new engine and they as well as the riders are keen to overcome the problematic characteristics of the bike.
Rossi has even said even if the engine does not help they still have other things to try.
A lot on here seem to forget (or ignore) the huge task they have taken on this year and the amount of time and effort that has been spent.It would be great to see the Ducati a competitive bike by the end of the season although I am sure there are many on here do not want that to happen simply because they don't like Rossi or Ducati.
Sad people really.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices