Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati in talks with Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati in talks with Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati in talks with Cal Crutchlow

Ducati is locked in talks with Cal Crutchlow and has offered the British rider a two-year deal to quit Yamaha next season, MCN can reveal. Crutchlow doesn’t have a contract with his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad for next season and interest in him has rocketed after a stunning start to 2012. The 26-year-old has scored three front row starts and finished...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 June 2012 16:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Buell

When Stoner leaves at the end of the season, it is one less talented rider fighting at the front. Surely you want as many fighting at the front as possible to make for an exciting race. Rossi is still good enough to be with the top group and has proved his battling skills. Surely for the sake of racing people should be wanting him to get the Ducati sorted. Otherwise next year we will have a Lorenzo headed procession every race, which will get a tad boring.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ha ha Pacey

Loved your lost in translation comment. 

Of course (working on the presumption hard work brings results, which of course is a fallacy in its own right, but nevertheless), Rossi earlier this year, just when his new steed demanded fettling, felt his time was better spent swaning around in cars once more. A very clear indication of just how committed he is to fulfilling his eur30 million contract. So don't bleat about a lack of testing time. Most of Rossi's testing involves the patience of Ducati Corse.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Nostro

On the face of it, it did look like Rossi was just swaning around as he pleases. But as I was saying earlier, this ridiculous rule that limits testing means that riders have to twiddle their thumbs inbetween race days and specified testing days. Ludicrous.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Burn some rubber Boiler boy

The only limit to testing Rossi has is 240 tyres for 2012. I doubt he's made much of a dent in his allocation to date this year.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

If only that

was true

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

nostrodamus

Maybe he's waiting for the upgrades before using his 240 tyres...

Reply to this Topic
jerrysam

Jan 06

jerrysam says:

cant believe the way crutchlow and dovi are dissing the tech 3 bikes ,dont seem that much different from the factory bikes to me. yamaha took cal from bsb and then fast tracked him from wsb , would be stupid to go to ducati ,stick with tech 3 ,why go from the 5th best bike to a bike that you can beat with a broken foot from the back of the grid ,against the goat . if cal goes to ducati lets see rossi at tech 3 . never gonna happen ,nice thought though

Reply to this Topic
airbornetrooper

Jan 10

jerry

well cal stated that he's happy at yamaha and would want to stay at tech3.  however, he's out of contract at the end of the season, what's he supposed to wait around to see if it's him or dovi to go or look for a ride now?  he (cal)  has a lot of respect for yamaha, they've looked after him and he's given them a WSS title and at the moment is performing better than expected he and dovi are making the series more interesting in their own little batte for top spot in their team.

bradders will be moving onto the gp tech 3 ride unless something gives, but i can't see anything changing myself.  depsite bradders receiving a lot of critiscm for his performance in moto2, i personally think he'll do well in motogp.  yep you're right i don't think there's too much difference between the factory bike and the tech 3 machines. (maybe more straight line speed), dovi and cal seem to be holding their own in the corners. 

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

just in case anyone missed this on the other thread again apologises if you've already read it... interesting thoughts. http://manziana.motocorse.com/blog/32586_RumorsENG_verison.php

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

hugelean - that was an interesting link - cheers.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices