Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati in talks with Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati in talks with Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati in talks with Cal Crutchlow

Ducati is locked in talks with Cal Crutchlow and has offered the British rider a two-year deal to quit Yamaha next season, MCN can reveal. Crutchlow doesn’t have a contract with his Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad for next season and interest in him has rocketed after a stunning start to 2012. The 26-year-old has scored three front row starts and finished...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 June 2012 16:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Not many riders go on to much after a Ducati. Only casey and with two 4ths as a factory number one he was lucky despite the justification with hindsight. Without at least a few podiums it's hard to see a future unless cal intends to become the new ce. Rossi to leave for definite and presiozi already knows it. He hasn't made any progress in 5 years so isn't going to now. Ducati also speaking to pol and talking about 4 bikes with lower costs. And now Honda building a customer CRT. Too much going on to be sure. But Rossi pissed Honda off a long time ago. Yamaha shafted Rossi recently, my money would be on Honda and they need him.

Reply to this Topic
thejudge

Sep 09

thejudge says:

mozarts on the money,sure cal wants a yam,or a honda who would not,and if it did happen at yam,the money /deal might not be great(yam are skint),tho the bike would be the job, i reckon he should take a big money 2 /3 yr deal from ducati,and that will be his golden goose,set for life,its a dangerous game and all riders deserve a good pay daya career can go pear shaped very quickly,with a dodgey shoulder injury etc,so my advice take a haul of euros,and ride the rubber of it as usual,and have a blast, u know cal will give what ever he rides,all  the berries anyhow,job done

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

INVOICE

btw, whose gonna pay his invoice??? we hasn't know yet. LOL.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Yamaha shafted Rossi more like he shafted him more crap coming from Hugeshit.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

If Cal has an offer on the table from Ducati then good for him

But he's got a lot more work to do to justify a works Yamaha ride, and Spies has a lot more poor performances to put in before losing his, not to mention the Dovi factor. I don't think Cal would be a miracle worker at Corse, but I do believe he would acquit himself better than the incumbent pilots.

I'd love to see Corse give a few young boys try outs. Pol Espargaro and Scott Redding in particular. Marquez could make that latin girl dance a fiery Tango but he's kind of accounted for.

Given that Ducati have intimated they want to keep both their current riders, yet supposedly at the same time they're offering Cal a contract, then we have pork pie city.

Hayden is going nowhere from his perspective - it's Corse, a CRT, WSBK or retirement for him.

Rossi is completely fed up with his own inability to adapt and ride the D16 in the manner he knows it deserves, and wants out. He's clinging to hope against hope that somehow he can worm his way onto a factory Japanese seat (he'd better be praying M1 because as it stands that RCV would bite his scrawny arse just as hard as the D16). I really can't see any Yamaha availability for him across the four seats on offer. Tech3 aren't going to want to upset a well working machine to accommodate Rossi and his entourage. Factory M1 next to Lorenzo? Oh that would be delicious just for the humble pie! But this remains highly unlikely.

Rossi on a satellite spec RCV sounds the most likely course of action. Would HRC give him a factory spec? On performance he certainly doesn't justify it. But IF he can bring the money then I would think HRC would be more than confident of DP & MM whipping yellow butt.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bluAero

May 12

bluAero says:

Rossi and the M1

RELOADED!

It's hard to believe Lorenzo and Jarvis really want to experience this. Deep down inside, who's the one guy Rossi wants to beat the most?

Unless I heard it wrong, at Jerez Lorenzo didn't like Dovi trying to pass him so early in the race, it wasn't the right time, be more patient, ie: we're both on Yamaha's and I'm the number one. Don't mess with my race!

How the heck is he going to deal with more 2010 Motegi or last corner Catalunya? Look, I'll be honest with you, 2010 was a tough year for me to get through but I've learned to respect Lorenzo. I was getting over my issues. He looked to be our best hope at stopping CS this year and is proving so. But I'll be damned when the Jerez thing came up!

I don't want to see Ben go, but if Rossi takes over and rattles JLoz cage, the world would be a better place.

* Cal - factory Duc, well done. Factory M1, even better. Sattelite, hmmm.....  

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Hayden the only person to have had the most works rides going back 10 years without getting the results and yet people pick on Spies just because of his poor results what will please you guys is if he leaves MotoGP and makes you eat some digusting pie like he did when he came over to WSBK and made that field look ordinary. I wonder who you will be picking on next after Ben feckin muppets.

Reply to this Topic
mortarboard

Jun 12

mortarboard says:

YamahaGYTR

"Hayden the only person to have had the most works rides going back 10 years without getting the results and yet people pick on Spies ", I think you may find that Nicky WON the MotoGP Championship in 2006!!!! So far this season Spies isthe worst Yamaha rider out there so far this season, it is only reasonable at this juncture to speculate that if he does not improve he should make way, although the marketing department will probably insist he stays due to his US passport. 

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Yes he is an ex world champion in MotoGP but look at the final standings in the championship after that 8th, 6th, 13th, 7th and 8th not to mention Spies has beaten him in the last two seasons.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Hardly a fair comparison is it shitkickergytr, Nicky's on a ducati and spies is on the best bike in the world allegedly.. Swap them and Nicky would be kicking his arse no question As for Rossi, he brought his wages in by way of title sponsor for Yamaha, he won back to back titles twice, and just as he won the 2nd one, Yamaha asked him to take a paycut of the money he brought in to pay the guy he'd just beat more money because neither jorge nor yamaha could put enough sponsors together to pay him... yamgyt I don't know what planet your from??, but on earth that is getting right royally fucked over....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices