Skip to content

Ask an Expert Guy trying it on Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Guy trying it on

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Sean121080

Jun 12

Sean121080 says:

Guy trying it on

So I am on budget went south London motorcycles tooting with 1500 to spend guy said got zx6 never had one so he showed me picture paid wens said come back sat it be ready it was not tax so had to go back Monday than he said I need to pay him for tax my total was already 1567.50  than he tryed to mug me of saying it was 3 percent charged fee still did not add up right not 2 percent odd plus 6 monts tax Than he tryed to tell me you can't get 6 months tax in his post office so I asked for refund he refused so I had to go through crdit card company leaves me waiting for up 2 28 days with out bike and getting refund  :mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 June 2012 16:58)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

The line

about not getting 6 months tax in his post office is crap as far as I can see - other people must use that post office to buy 6 month tax??

Given the fiasco its been, (bike not ready, extra charges etc), I'd be going back there wanting me dosh (including the extra charges) back and buy the bike from a dealer that knows what they're doing.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

"showed me a picture."

Here's another picture of a ZX6.
You all owe me £1500 (plus tax).

:unsure:

What I mean is, does the bike even exist?

Reply to this Topic
Sean121080

Jun 12

Sean121080 says:

Bike

That is why had to walk out got 5 kids already on probashion for year and I was getting close to hiting him just you don't think a bike bike shop is going to try it on 

Reply to this Topic
Sean121080

Jun 12

Sean121080 says:

Zx6

The bike in your picture is lot better than what I finaly got to test on the sat it was 1996 

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

ZX6.

So hopefully you've cancelled the deal and you're expecting a refund via the credit card company, is that what you're saying?

Keep looking.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikes-for-sale/searchresults/?N=151+3006+40+191&Ns=P_Price|0&No=0

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Sorry, but...

He showed you a picture & you gave him £1,500. No actual look at the bike, or test ride or anything?

Think he saw you coming mate:shock: Anyhow if on CC just stop transaction and get refund if he hasn't provided as deal.

Just looked at his webpage and seems to have a very wide selection of bikes, lots of scoots and 125s in the budget end of the market, a volvo car, and wait for it....

A brand new Ducati Desmo priced at just under £70,000

Strange mix, but definitely something for everyone there.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Sean121080

Jun 12

Sean121080 says:

Refund

Yer had to get on to the crdit card as he refused to refund my card in store than he tryed to ring me up be all nice about it come back we talk about it 

Reply to this Topic
Sean121080

Jun 12

Sean121080 says:

Saw me coming

Yer mate your right my own fault for not testing or seeing first but as it was such a big shop did not think he was going to try and turn me over brought a bike couple year back from Honda in mitcham mot was due in week so he said bring it back he said it needed new back tyres and few bits done it all free of charge if only all bike shops was the same

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Yep, Hartgate are okay

Use the Honda dealer in Mitcham all the time, great bunch of guys and dead straight.

Will always give a courtesy bike when in for service, could be a new demo, could be a second hand one, but gets you home.

Anyhow, hopefully CC came through and all sorted now? Good luck

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices