Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha not surprised by interest in Crutchlow and Dovizioso MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha not surprised by interest in Crutchlow and Dovizioso

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha not surprised by interest in Crutchlow and Dovizioso

Yamaha says it would have been shocked if Honda and Ducati didn’t try and lure Cal Crutchlow and Andrea Dovizioso off a YZR-M1 for 2013. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 duo are enjoying a brilliant 2012 campaign with four front row starts between them and eight top five finishes in the opening six races, including a podium for Dovizioso in Catalunya. Both...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 June 2012 11:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Hi Wosi

Well you know all about riders who have lost their form :-DDD

Reply to this Topic
kev2905

Jun 05

kev2905 says:

Politics

Wosideg you are right.
The politics these guys play at is slicker than most governments! Including ours!
Unfortunately this means people will continue to miss out on the opportunities they deserve in favour of the “right face” and the big bucks.

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Wosi

On a more serious note I agree with your post, but don't forget that up to the start of this season Spies was meant to be the next Alien.  Lets hope he gets his form back..

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Yamaha USA will have a big part to play in this Ben retaining his works ride hopefully the turnaround starts at Assen.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

2nd works yamaha

let face the facts, spies poor results and rossi poor results at ducati but with big sponsers still are both in luck as casey's exit has thrown them a lifeline imo, but the biggest cock up is the smith deal, it should have been agreed on this seasons position by a certain round, not oh he is ready! so now cal our top brit has to ride a monster or move down again!! honda should invest, as for dovi vlass yes but on a honda which was winning he had his chance and has pedro to many years i may add, cal has more potential than most in the series but do ducati know something he and rossi dont???

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

That deal tor Smith going to Tech 3 IMO could be scuppered they might even want Hayden for the Yamaha US market.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So Wosi me old bag of fleas

I take it Rossi's just been going through a wee form blip for the last couple of years - one which is sure to last until the end of his career then?

As always fast is as fast does and the fast arse's will be on the fastest seats.

As with any sport it's generally harder to play your way out of a 'team' than play your way in. Podiums are what both Tech 3 boys need to string together (whilst Spies continues to finish behind them) for Spies' seat to be under geniune threat.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Basing Smith's 2013 deal on his position this year would be unfair. Tech 3 have given Bradley a less than competive bike to start the season. Having said that, things do seem to be improving, but that still means he'll do well to get a high finishing position given he's done a third of the season so far. One question to ask of Tech 3 is was their decision not build a CRT bike for 2013 based upon the possibility of a price cap on satellite bikes or was it because they've realized from their experiences in Moto2 that it's hard to build a competitive chassis?

Reply to this Topic
LouisVR46

Feb 12

LouisVR46 says:

Yamaha

Yamaha have the best scenario, the best rider on the grid at the moment signed for the next two years, and lots of great riders to choose from. If they take Rossi back, they will get a sponsor again and have more money, possibly allowing them to create another factory ride or launch a crt ride for Smith. If they keep Spies Yamaha USA is happy, and I think he is the man for the job personally, form is temporary, class is permanent, and he is class.

I don't think the Ducati is a worthy bike for anyone, it seems to just be shite at the moment, but it really isn't, the expectations are just too high. What they have to remember is that it takes years to develop a bike - look at Yamaha. The Ducati is brand new and will take time to develop, but its a risk staying with it.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

i find it incredulous that Spies has the bare faced cheek to have a pop at Dorna in the media regarding the scrapping of the MotoGP rookie rule, inferring it was because Marquez is Spanish, when the fact that Spies is American may just keep him on a decent bike in MotoGP in 2013.  talk about pot, kettle and black!  with Spies, Hayden and Edwards the only Americans in the entire GP field (that's about 90 riders by my reckoning), no prospects either in WSBK with Hopkins the only American, and with Hayden, Edwards and Hopkins all in the twighlight of their careers, you bet the Yanks have very little talent to cling onto for 2013.  and I'll eat my hat is anyone even mentions Josh Hayes or Blake Young .....

Dovi and Cal are in the box seat going forward.  doing the maths, with the liklihood that there are only (it's rumoured) six factory bikes and four satellite bikes out of a grid of 24 in 2013, and the only known knowns are Lorenzo and Marquez, Dovi and Cal are in good shape to negociate factory rides with all three manufacturers.

but all of this bluster may just be media hype and Rossi, Hayden, Pedrosa, Spies, Cal and Dovi all stay put.  who'd bet on that?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle