Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha not surprised by interest in Crutchlow and Dovizioso MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha not surprised by interest in Crutchlow and Dovizioso

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha not surprised by interest in Crutchlow and Dovizioso

Yamaha says it would have been shocked if Honda and Ducati didn’t try and lure Cal Crutchlow and Andrea Dovizioso off a YZR-M1 for 2013. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 duo are enjoying a brilliant 2012 campaign with four front row starts between them and eight top five finishes in the opening six races, including a podium for Dovizioso in Catalunya. Both...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 June 2012 11:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

(Jane Stanton Donnor Artist) Facebook page. Latest oil painting Simoncelli 50x40 inch check it out guys ;)

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

One thing Dovizioso has against him and this could be to Crutchlows advantge is that it's unusual for a rider to drop down to a satellite team and then end up back with a factory team.

Reply to this Topic
boro365

Oct 05

boro365 says:

Spot on mate

CoshaB couldn't agree more just what I was saying to the missus earlier today

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Given the magnanimous spirit in which you wrote that Wosi, I say

nah, nee, nah, nah, nah.

A couple of counters;

1. There's not a bike 'right' enough to enable Rossi to win again in my books.

2. The next pieces of the 2013 puzzle following Stoner and Lorenzo are of course Pedrosa and Marquez. After that the next juicy seat is Spies'. After that, then yes, we come to your fallen sun god - you're only as good as your last race and all that... Although it's looking increasing likely Rossi will race an own team RCV 2013.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

You cling to those fragile straws Wosi

God knows it's all you've got.

So wet behind the ears.....

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

CosherB

It's interesting that you mention four particular yanks there and three of them have something in common. Spies, Edwards and Hopkins were all going to be the next alien (or whatever the in term was at the time each of them moved to MotoGP). Hopkins wasn't just hailed as any old god, he was going to be the new Schwantz FFS! The only one of that group that I don't recall being hailed as a total god on his entry to the class was Hayden. 

And who of that four is the only one to win the world championship? Now I'm not going to get into the usual discussion about whether Hayden deserved his win, he won. That's a trophy in his cabinet that the other three don't have. Hopkins and Edwards were both there that year and remember Edwards had a decent bike but only made seventh. Indeed I think far from being the new alien Spies was always going to be the new Edwards. Competent, but never going to set the world on fire.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Benny

Yeah I said that, but I was just being a bit polite about it.

The interesting thing is that three of them were hailed as the new alien. Why does that seem to be so common with septics?

Reply to this Topic
N152er

Feb 09

N152er says:

hopper

He's half English, (fathers DNA.) just has micky mouses ears lol but we still love him.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

jolly - i'm actually in the camp that believes that Hayden deserved his MotoGP World Championship.  despite what BSB think, motorsport is (and should be) about the accumulation of points over a season, not the number of wins.  just because other people fell off, broke down or were punted off, so what?  that's racing!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices