Skip to content

Discuss This Honda to roll out production MotoGP racer in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda to roll out production MotoGP racer in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda to roll out production MotoGP racer in 2014

Honda will sell a production version of its current 1000cc prototype RC213V machine for the 2014 MotoGP world championship. The bike is currently under development in Japan and MCN understands it will be sold to non-factory teams for a maximum of 1m Euros (£800,000). The new machine isn't expected to run to current CRT regulations and therefore will be subject to current...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 June 2012 15:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Abraham

Got to laugh about the comments on Abraham in that article. So they're not going to renew their Ducati lease next year? Well boo hoo, but they can't blame the bike alone. Something else needs to take the blame.

Barbera on his satellite D16 hands Karel his arse gift wrapped with a little ribbon every race. Abraham it sitting in 17th behind five CRT bikes and Spies (sorry to mention that again Milky) while Abraham is tenth and regularly manages to scrap with the japanese satellite bikes and even the factory Ducatis. In short Barbera makes Abraham look like somebody who's daddy bought him a ride...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Jolly

I thought that dorna wanted more manufacturers involved in the sport so that they were less beholden to the whims of yamaha and honda. Also more manufactures = more fans, more sponsorship opportunities, potentially more nationalities. Ultimately making the motogp business more valuable and more sustainable.

Reply to this Topic
gaziskwakers

Feb 06

gaziskwakers says:

Think this is great

imagine the 2nd tier teams buy this production bike and run it for a year, then it will get sold on to a lower team maybe doing national level stuff, that way the young riders can get the experience of racing a slightly older MotoGp machine. Seems like a return to the good old days to me. I mean, when was the last time you saw a full on GP machine at your national meetings.... Has to be in the days of Sheene and co. Would be the death of CRT IMHO.

Reply to this Topic
Adeninja

Mar 10

Adeninja says:

Honda

if there going to make a production Motogp racer cool ,and why not go all the way and trun it into a road going rcv as well , Honda could do with a new wsbk bike

Reply to this Topic
N152er

Feb 09

N152er says:

motogp to motocrapy

It's a shame to see motogp end up this way, a one horse race if you like. No wonder stoner has given up. Dorna need sectioning. Is there any hope for the sport we all love. Hope I'm wrong

Reply to this Topic
N152er

Feb 09

N152er says:

motogp to motocrapy

It's a shame to see motogp end up this way, a one horse race if you like. No wonder stoner has given up. Dorna need sectioning. Is there any hope for the sport we all love. Hope I'm wrong

Reply to this Topic
jahkeym76

Feb 12

jahkeym76 says:

Jonathon Rea
Kind of the forgotten man to MotoGP . He's been in WSBK so long now , it'd be too big a change of riding style I think . Its a shame because he has skill and bravery in buckets . If Rea has anything to do with developing a customer GP bike I'd be surprised ,he has no official link with HRC , He rides a private

Honda in wsbk .

Jonny Rea is only 23 or something, agree with your comment re his skill and bravery. I'm sure he's connected to Honda thou, on the wage run I believe, has already tested the Honda GP bikes before the start of the year, sure i read it on here.

From what I understand he is held in very high regard at Honda and he is 110% focused moving towards GP, sooner rather than later.

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Rea to Repsol - LOL.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

Rea and Honda

Honda arent going to let Jonathan go easy next year, given his relatively young age (25) and his obvious skill and talent they will be keen to retain him for WSBK or Motogp. They signed him up for Suzuka 8 hours this year and that alone shows how much they rate him. I dont really see him switching to another team either, as the TK team seems like his family and I think he loves the atmosphere in the team.

I would think Honda want him to win atleast one title before they take him up to Motogp.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

Err...HOW INTERESTING..

Could well end up even more Honda than Moto 2 is. Wow....1st Sky and now this.  Thank goodness there is still WSB and BSB.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

the big guns for 2014

So Honda sell prototypes at a reduced cost, suzuki return and Yamaha have said they could make a €1mill bike available. Aprilia have thier bike in development through the CRT teams (makes sense) and BMW have expressed an interest.

Carmelo has played the game and it looks like he has forced the hands of the manufacturers so that the teams and spectators win - albeit in 2 years time.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices