Skip to content

Discuss This Checa completes first test on 1199 Superbike World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Checa completes first test on 1199 Superbike

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Checa completes first test on 1199 Superbike

World champion Carlos Checa completed his first official test on the all new Ducati 1199 Panigale at Misano today. Riding at the Italian circuit which is currently playing host to World Ducati Week the 39 year old Spaniard lapped in blistering hot air and track temperatures. Checa was lapping alongside three time WSB champion Troy Bayliss who has been instrumental in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 June 2012 17:37)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
slickhillsy

Oct 04

slickhillsy says:

Oooooo

It looks good in black!

Reply to this Topic
potfiller

Jun 07

potfiller says:

Here it comes again

Watch out for WSB rule changes so that the thinly disguised Ducati works squad can bring the bike in on terms favourable to them - ballast, what ballast ?

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Worrying times at Ducati, where's it been all year???with huge question marks over the layout you'd think Ducati would be going out of its way to sing its praises instead, Carlos is worried about it( allegedly) and the best him and troy can come up with after a go is ' it's hot today' not exactly glowing praise and presiozi is at the heart of all of it.. Reckon 1400 cc would be a step to far but without the extra power over the rest where it matters it wouldn't match the evos.( with a 1000 cc 2 or 4 cylinder.) Ducatis Motorsport future is on the line right now...

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

RETIREMENT

COME OUT OF RETIREMENT  TROY BAYLISS DUCATI AND THE FANS WANT YOU BACK

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

39 not out

How long has Checa been 39, at least 3 years.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Good to see Carlos still have the hunger at 39 to do well it does not matter where he is racing.

Reply to this Topic
asstoot

Jan 12

asstoot says:

hugebean

+1 on that, dude. Just reminds me of Hodgy`s first comments from Abu Dhabi, how the front felt bad on few corner entries in a single lap, unstable at high speeds, good grief. Maybe their only hope is that big Audi boffins will now fire Preziosi and Co. and hire people who bring something that works to the table. Instead of the endless, `we`re working hard` excuses. I`d love to see Ducati win again, mostly for moto GP`s sake.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

pinkerton2964

Well I can remember that his birthday is the same as a good friend of mine (15/10/72) so he's been 39 for eight months.

Reply to this Topic
888boybach888

Feb 12

asstoot( indeed)

OMG, here we go again, if you cast your mind back to the foggy days when he first rode the 916 it was an absolute pig, he states it was too short and was unstable and hard to turn, and lacked corner speed confidence, he developed that bike into most successful WSB in the history of the sport and his record still holds, so have a bit of patience for fucks sake, you lot just love to bash Ducati for doing what they do, if they produced an inline four jap clone you lot would still winge, get a life!! they should be applauded for innovating bikes and pushing technology forward not slagged off at every opportunity. there bike have soooo much more appeal than all the yamakawasuki blobs. i can`t wait to see what they do with the bike, watch this space!!!!

Reply to this Topic
888boybach888

Feb 12

hugelean( hhmm)

Not always about outright power is it?? BMW gazzilion horses rubbish results so far, again back to Foggy, he said all he wanted was not the bike with the most power but a bike that could maintain corner speed and handle,and i am sure he knows what he talking about unlike most of the armchair critics on here!!!!!! I am sure they will make the bike a winner, just like the 888,916,999, 1098,1198 need i say more, end of!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices