Skip to content

Discuss This No factory bike at Tech 3 for Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No factory bike at Tech 3 for Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No factory bike at Tech 3 for Cal Crutchlow

Yamaha won’t offer Cal Crutchlow full factory support if he remains with its satellite Tech 3 squad in 2013. The British rider has told Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal that the perfect scenario for his future would be to remain with the French-based satellite squad, but receive a full factory spec YZR-M1. For that to happen though would necessitate a major shift...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 June 2012 11:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Testicle...

Is that US, Aussie or HK Dollars?  Either way your currency is no good here against the Great British Pound.  Cal is going to Ducati mate.  To partner Redding, who's gonna take Rossi's seat who's gonna take his seat back from Ben who's going to WSB to partner Sykes or Hayden.  Dovi to partner Smith or Esparagaro (depending if HP can slap his contract lawyers around with those giant French hands of his)

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

I'm pretty sure that Ben Spies got at least some factory support while at Tech 3. I seem to remember pictures at Indianaoplis of his Tech 3 biek running factory exhausts.

Either way, it would seem a bit short sighted of Yamaha to risk losing Cal to another factory if he would stay with what is an easily achievable technical job for Yamaha (and not much more expensive either).  Honda have already set the precedent with Simoncelli so why not?  If Honda build their 'production racer' for next year Yamaha may be happy to have a few more bikes on the grid and an extra factory spec bikes wouldn't harm them.

Remember the rules will be changed to 'one bike per rider' next year so effectively Yamaha have two spare factory bikes available compared to this year surely?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

adrenalin no he didn't get any factory support from Yamaha during his time at Tech 3 he even said that himself Tech 3 at the time only got one update which came at the Laguna Seca round in 2010.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

that leaves only

one factory seat at yamaha so sadly you can't blame Cal for talking with Ducati,Tetsu your still a twat ,piss off get over it!

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

according to mcn paper version romour says thatValentino is being lined up to replace spies, the best possible scenario would be to give tech 3 more factory support and that would make Yamaha a lot stronger than Honda

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Some onion salad and lime pickle please...

I can't see anywhere else other than WSB for the Spiesmesiter.  There's no seat for him outside of the factory ride which will belong to an Italian next year.   Tech 3 will take on 1 or 2 rookies depending which Italian that is.  Make no bananas about it, Rossi wants that bike.  It's his last chance for a swansong on a bike he helped develop for 8 years.  Now go on my son, get yourself down to the Royal Bengal and order a Dhansak and 2 large Cobras (that have been in the deep freeze).  Cal will do well on the Duke.  In the meantime, making himself millions.  I want to see Bradl and Marquez as the fresh HRC riders.  It's gonna be Epic.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Yamaha USA has all the aces in Spies staying in MotoGP he gets 3 wins it changes everything.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

cal to ducati

and let's guess whose going to kick out of ducati???? i put my money on rossi. where do rossi go??? RETIRE!

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

three wins???????

O' dear me, ive never laughed so much in my life!!!!! thats a wicked sense of humour that is young elbowz..... Oh wait....... you were serious????

You more chance of platting piss, than Spies winning three races this season.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Laugh all you want matey is that what you were doing when he was in WSBK on that same manufacturer when he took 14 wins 11 poles on tracks he had never seen before.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices