Skip to content

Discuss This No factory bike at Tech 3 for Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No factory bike at Tech 3 for Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No factory bike at Tech 3 for Cal Crutchlow

Yamaha won’t offer Cal Crutchlow full factory support if he remains with its satellite Tech 3 squad in 2013. The British rider has told Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal that the perfect scenario for his future would be to remain with the French-based satellite squad, but receive a full factory spec YZR-M1. For that to happen though would necessitate a major shift...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 June 2012 11:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
markg1150

Oct 09

markg1150 says:

bide his time

think he may have to bide his time and take the ducati deal just to keep his foot in the door. obviosly he wont be anywer near the front but everyone knows the bikes a dog so the likes of yamaha and honda wont lose respect or interest in him. in fact it may increse if he finishes top duke. but to be honest he neads to stick we tech 3 if possible.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Tech 3 / Ducati continued

Tech 3 are not going to want to lose Cal or push him out the door,they have no reason to get rid but many reasons to keep him.Cals problem with Tech 3 is factory support,every body want factory spec machinary but in the Ducati case the factory spec isnt up to Tech 3 spec,at least for know.

As for Honda / Yamaha being interested in ex Ducati riders & respecting that Ducati riders cannot obtain the same results as Honda & Yamaha,I wouldnt count on it.Results are all that matters to the factorys & I think very little consideration would be payed to what machinery a rider was on when it comes to filling those golden factory seats.

For example Loris Caparosi to Suzuki,Marco Melandri to Kawasaki after Ducati & as soon as they were no longer on the Duke there results improved,especially for Marco.There is however an exeption,Rossi,yes Honda & Yamaha are interested.Why they are interested is up for debate but no body would denie that Rossi would bring in big sponsorship deals & his name would sell bikes in the show room.This may not be the only reason they are interested in Rossi,he may well be able to win yet anouther championship,who knows & who is left to challenge the mighty JorgeLorenzo when Casey retires.

Sensible option for Cal is to bide his time untill he can get the right deal & not take a mad gamble with Ducati because a big gamble is exactly what the Ducati is & it isnt paying of for Rossi so why risk it.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

Lorenzo99

If the updates at laguna seca improve the duke i think cal will go there,if not he will stay at tech 3 imo.

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

yam are tools if the dont keep carl good tho to see a britsh rider that is im sure to get on that top step

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Ducati improving

acanada46 - You raise a good point,I do think though that the Ducati has to improve an awfull lot to even match the Tech 3 bikes let alone beat them.If Ducati can pull this off I will be amazed ! They will have to replace theyre machanics with Miracle workers me thinks.

The other thing is the Ducati would have to out perform the Tech 3 bikes in several races not just one or two.For me personaly I cannot see the Ducati acheiving these sort of results unless it rains of corse.Ducati have put all theyre eggs in one baskit with the carbon fibre frame & dropped it.

I would love to see Ducati batteling at the front but its just not happening.My thoughts are this,a team choses a rider based on his results,so surely a rider should do the same when desiding on which team to ride for.Based on that theory does Ducati really look any better than Tech 3 ?

I hear what people say about Ducati throwing every thing they have at it & all that but they already have.Ducati arnt getting the results full stop,its that simple.You can what if all you like but ifs & buts dont mean a thing,results are what count,thats racing.

P.S. You can only make a descision on the infomation you have available to you other wise its a gamble !

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Team Duck

There are not many positive reasons for Cal to sighn for Ducati , is there .

There treatment of there riders seems to be below par as well , unless your name is Rossi .

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

BB

Why would Cal jeopardise his career , by switching from a competitive bike , to a un-competitive bike .

Right now he has a better chance of winning on the yam , than he has on any Ducati .

1. Factory Honda ? - we dont know .

2. Factory Yamaha ? - unlikely .

3. World title on a Tech3 ? - stranger things happened .

At this level you way up the pro's and con's , you dont take risks .

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Sitting & Waiting

bloodbubble - Tech 3 are highly unlikely to win the Moto GP championship as you rightly state,but so are Ducati & at present they are behind Tech 3.Cal could wait forever at Tech 3 as you say but if he gets results the chances are he will get an oppertunity to move up or Yamaha may change theyre mind on giving Tech 3 factory support.Truth is nobody knows what the future holds in Moto GP so Cal needs to make the best judgment he can baised on what infomation he has.

Cal could go to Ducati & be like Casey & you would say I told you so & I would say yes you were right.Cal could go to Ducati & flush his carear down the pan & have 1 or 2 seasons like either Rossi or Nicky.Its up to Cal to make the decision,I just hope he makes the right one because the Ducati is known at present to be a carear killer & Cals carear is looking really good right know.

So if he does move to Ducati then I hope you are right.

Reply to this Topic
SPIKER40

Apr 06

SPIKER40 says:

Top bloke

If Cal can keep ahead of Dovi in the points, with Spies' current form, I reckon that Cal could be heading for the big Yamaha ride.

Must be tempting to jump on the factory Ducati, but still think he'd be better placed staying at tech 3

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

BB

You take risks on the track , not off them!!! .

If Cal sighns for Ducati , that wont be a risk!! , that will be commiting career suicide......

Have you not been watching MOTOGP for the last 18 months . Team Duck are at there lowest , they just cant seem to go forward .

BB , most of this is just speculation anyway . Wait till the end of the season , and see if Team Duck have improoved or not . If they havent , my advise to Cal would to stick with Tech3 , the natural choice . The only tme i would jump ship is if i got an offer from HRC or the chance of a factoryYam .

Ill tell you what did piss me off...............

....and is pretty damned insulting to the fans/paddock/teams and anybody else thats involved with MOTOGP , is that Rookie Rule being changed for Honda and a certain Spansh rider .

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices