Skip to content

Discuss This No factory bike at Tech 3 for Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No factory bike at Tech 3 for Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No factory bike at Tech 3 for Cal Crutchlow

Yamaha won’t offer Cal Crutchlow full factory support if he remains with its satellite Tech 3 squad in 2013. The British rider has told Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal that the perfect scenario for his future would be to remain with the French-based satellite squad, but receive a full factory spec YZR-M1. For that to happen though would necessitate a major shift...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 June 2012 11:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

IF HONDA WON`T AND ....

Ducati will.Then he should head off into the Italian sunset.    We all know the bike`s not what it once was,but it ain`t that bad,certainly better than any satty machine,it just need`s the right pilot,so go go go Cal !

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Have to agree, a factory ducati is better than a crt(just). He's just being realistic despite his brilliant season he isn't beating his team mate which is defacto, the first step to a factory ride at a competitve team..

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Pilot

Sorry nothing to do with Ducatis pilots, the bike still needs work. It's still the tyre issue, they have got to make it easier on the soft tyre.

Reply to this Topic
richyfast5

Feb 06

richyfast5 says:

Hugelean

Why do you say Cal is not beating his team mate? Cal is on 66points, Dovi on 60. To me there is very little between them. I would agree it feels inevitable that come Valencia Dovi will be on top, but at the moment Cal is leading Dovi....Defacto!

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Non Story

This is one of the biggest non stories MCN have run recently and that's saying something. To summarize: Something that was never likely to happen isn't going to happen.

Reply to this Topic
dkbunny

Nov 10

dkbunny says:

go cal

go for it cal take it by the neck and drag it screaming round the circuits next season what you got to lose

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Cals future !

Cal needs to be on the factory Yam or a Tech 3 with factory support its that simple.Forth place on a satellite machine is a superb acheivement & warents factory machinary for sure.Saying that,it must be the rigth factory machine which I feel the Ducati isnt.

The Ducati is a gamble,a machine for gamblers & Cal is to good to take a gamble with what is looking to be a very good carear right know in Moto GP.So far the top Ducati is in 6th place with no less that Rossi behind the bars,Nicky is in 9th with Hector Barbera in 10th.Tech 3 are in 4th & 5th,to move to Ducati would be a step backwards at this point in time.

I understand the argument about the Ducati being a factory machine & that the Tech 3 bike may not be as competative next year & that no satellite bike has ever won a Moto GP championship but its the Ducati.The Duke is a carear killer,it only ever had one master.

Maybe Cal can master the Duke,but what if he cannot.Back to racing super bikes most probably if he cant make it work.To much of a gamble I personaly think.If he dosnt get the factory Yam he should stay with Yamaha or go to a Honda satellite team ( if a place is available ) & wait for the right opertunity ie either a factory Yamaha or Honda.Cal is to good to gamble.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Cal

What Might be an idea , is for Cal to stay at Tech3 for another year .

couse.........

If spies gets the boot at the end of the year ( going by this years performance , he should ) , we all know who is going to get his factory bike.......and its not Cal .

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Cal - Factory Yam

trailler - Yeah ! I hear what youre saying & I agree that its highly unlikely that Cal will get the factory Yamaha seat even if he beats Dovi.I think it will be either Ben or Dovi on that bike next year.Im 50/50 about wether or not they will replace Ben at the end of this season,I think nationallity & sponsorship will play a big part in theyre descision.

I just dont think that Ducati is a good option for Cal & it would be better to stay at Tech 3 & see what develops than take the Ducati gamble.If he can maintain the results he is acheiving at the moment next year with Tech 3 then its bound to raise his profile in Moto GP & that should hope fully ensure his promotion with a better team.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

+1.....

Dosent really matter how well Cal performs this year , Dovi already has one hand on the bike.......politics eh!! .

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle