Skip to content

Discuss This No factory bike at Tech 3 for Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No factory bike at Tech 3 for Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No factory bike at Tech 3 for Cal Crutchlow

Yamaha won’t offer Cal Crutchlow full factory support if he remains with its satellite Tech 3 squad in 2013. The British rider has told Tech 3 boss Herve Poncharal that the perfect scenario for his future would be to remain with the French-based satellite squad, but receive a full factory spec YZR-M1. For that to happen though would necessitate a major shift...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 June 2012 11:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Rookie rule

It is not Honda alone who want the rule removed

Both Ducati and Yamaha want rid of it too. And it wouldn't stop Honda giving MM a factory bike if it wasn't.

my advise to Cal would to stick with Tech3 , the natural choice.

The point is, the choice may not be his.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Rookie rule took three years to get it correct.

Rookie rule the organisers know realise their mistake after three years they can't right at the first time of asking stupid morons.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Buit

1. Why would that not stop Honda?.

2. The choice may not be his?.....why!

cheers....

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

BB

Gresini , ye true . One rule for honda.......

If smith gets Cals ride.......bloody hell , cal would be gutted , what a f#cking insult that would be....

GYTR - what!!!!

Reply to this Topic
MASHWREN

Apr 12

MASHWREN says:

It goes like this....

Iam sorry to say but if your not spanish or on a honda then your a sheep. following exactly what Mr Ezpeleta says and what Honda want from the championship. basically Honda are so big in the biking world and in the Motogp championship that Motogp would be dead without them so Dorna will do everything that Honda says. as far as the Cal subject is, if he goes to Ducati then after his 2 years of a traveling marshal at the back then its adios amigos. but you never know whats in the future so as a pro he wont wanna say no and bad mouth them. Tech 3 again i would think is best for Cal if not offered a factory Yam ride.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

??????

Iam sorry to say but if your not spanish or on a honda then your a sheep. following exactly what Mr Ezpeleta says and what Honda want from the championship.

Over the last 10 years

Honda - winners in 2003, 2006, 2011

Yamaha - winners in 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010

Ducati - winners in 2007

2012 ?  -  heading Yamaha's way?

Probably not what Honda wanted from the championship

Only 1 Spanish winner in that time.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

elbowz - while you're waiving the star-spangled banner, out of the 90 or so GP riders and top 23 WSBK riders:

i) how many are American?
ii) out of the Americans, who is genuinely likely to be a MotoGP World Champion?

i'm British and proudly wear the Union flag, and I'm not going to try and claim that there is a burgeoning talent pool coming out of the UK, but the simple fact is that, at present, there is a massive dearth of riding talent emerging from the USA - bearing in mind it is a country of approx. 315 million people, while the UK has to make do with 62 million.  why aren't there 5 times as many American riders in MotoGP than Brits?

Reply to this Topic
MASHWREN

Apr 12

MASHWREN says:

exactly ...

Correct Bultoboy. Honda are not happy so they will settle for a little rule changing for Repsols new golden boy Marquez. Honda def wanna keep Repsol happy. Spanish company want Spanish winners. trust me i live in Spain. Hope with a name like Bultoboy you have a awesome vintage Bult trials bike.???

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Indeed

Honda definitely would like the rule changed but so do Yamaha and Ducati, as no doubt would Suzuki and Kawasaki if they were still in it. My only point was meant to illustrate that Honda haven't managed to orchestrate anything to their advantage with Dorna.

I've no doubt that being Spanish, the Promoters (and it seems rule makers presiding over the lily-livered FIM) find it much easier to reverse the rookie rule to assist a Spanish rider than one of any other nationality, but as a manufacturer, Honda aren't alone in wanting the rule abolished.

Yes, had many Sherpas over the years, some Pursangs. Couple of Sherpas still get a good deal of riding abuse these days.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Bloodbubble - Reply

bloodbubble - You actually raise a very good point there about Casey not being there.Um,that is a very good point I must admite but if you are going to take risks then surely you want the odds in your favour.

I dont think there is any right or wrong here,just a point of few & an opinion.We both want what is best for Cal but both have different opinions on which way he should take his carear.There is no certainty either way,it just about playing it safe or going all out & taking a big risk.For me the risk would be to great for you the risk is justifiable & worth taking.

Buy the way what I should have said is you dont take BIG risks,calculated risks yes,BIG gambles no,not if youre sensible.You take big gambles if you are desperate.As you say these guys take big risks almost every day but they are profestionals & take CALCULATED risks just as a profestional gambler plays the odds & playing the odds is what Cal will have to do when he makes his decision.

I hope if he puts it all on red that he wins,I really do because I think he really does have a lot to lose if it all goes wrong.If he stays at Tech 3 he MAY always be just a good rider who finishes in 4th - 6th place there about but if it all goes horribly wrong on the Ducati he could end up on a CRT team or back in WSB & it has gone horribly wrong for a lot of riders.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices