Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Horex VR6 in action New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Video: Horex VR6 in action

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Video: Horex VR6 in action

Video released by new German manufacturer Horex shows their V6-engined VR6 on the road in what appears to be showroom-ready form. The video gives the first glimpse at the sound of the unique 1218cc narrow-angle V6. The all-new VR6 Roadster has a series of innovations including a clever and compact 1218cc six-cylinder engine. The bike will have 161bhp and a thumping 100ftlb...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 June 2012 13:36)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

I would love to have a test....

but fear the long, long,long wait has made the price unrealistic for everyday riders.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Innovation like this deserves to be a massive success.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

excellent, the engine has got to be the heart of any bike and it's great to see new motorbike engine designs, check out the Horex VR Animation, imho the the bog standard crank inline 4 has had it's day, it's very powerfull but untimately it's a dull charactless engine format because it's too well executed.    

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Yes, too expensive..

..to ever be a runaway success in mainline motorcycling. Probably the only manufacturers who could keep the price in the "reasonable" are are the Chinese or Indians but then the finished product might not be quite the same.

Reply to this Topic
grabro

Jun 12

grabro says:

What goes around....

While I admire the Horex and look forward to seeing one in the flesh, it is worth giving a little history. VW introduced the VR moniker, but narrow angle engines were invented by Lancia around WW1 for aircraft engines and they built several generations of V4 and V8 car engines, culminating in the Fulvia. Also Matchless used a narrow V4 in their bikes before WW2. So the Horex is the latest in an illustrious series!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Droschke7

Jul 08

Droschke7 says:

I've driven an older Horex when I lived in Germany, it's good to see another old name revived, and this one sounds fantastic

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

To Venturer..that concept of engine isn't so new, because, in BUGATI veyrons engine  was aplay very simillar concept of 2xV8 equal v16  which has almost same path and angle of cilindar and pistons in one V8 block..you can see the movie bout Veyron engine on you tube.

Reply to this Topic
stonecoldkane

May 10

Looks good, sounds great. Boutique motorcycle for the wealthy. Wish Horex all the best for the future.

Reply to this Topic
TheReg

Jul 12

TheReg says:

My 900 Thunderbird sounds better!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle