Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati plan more tests on aluminium swingarm MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati plan more tests on aluminium swingarm

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati plan more tests on aluminium swingarm

Ducati’s aluminium swingarm project hasn’t been axed and Valentino Rossi could evaluate it again during a one-day test immediately after his home race at Mugello next month. Rossi liked the new aluminium swingarm when he tested it at Mugello recently, the 33-year-old gaining extra feeling on corner entry with his factory GP12 machine. Team-mate Nicky Hayden was less enthusiastic though after the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (22 June 2012 17:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That's what you might believe Parris

In which case it shows both you & kymando wouldn't have the foggiest idea about the mentally of a racer, and especially a winner of Rossi's pedigree.

The man hates losing. He's giving it his all out there. Problem is, that's just not good enough anymore. Talent deficit and believing his own press are Rossi's biggest problems.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kymando

Jun 12

kymando says:

GIVING IT HIS ALL

I think i have a pretty good idea of the mentality of a racer. I cant believe that Rossi is giving 100%, you dont win all those championships on two different bikes against all different opposition if you dont have the talent. I also dont believe that he has lost his talent i just think he has lost his desire to prove it. The Ducati gives him an excuse. If he does get on a Honda or Yamaha it will take away the excuse and also give him the reason to prove himself again. I really hope that happens because who do you see competing against Jorge next year?

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Nobstrotkanus!!

Lol lol lol!!!! Tooooo right.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

If it's been done to death Wosi

as it most certainly has. Then stop regugitating your tofu based dog food all over these pages. As always you're the chief instigator of bullshit 'statistics'.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So KY man

Just why did Rossi throw the Duke down the road 11 times last season whilst going so slowly? Or why did he crash so fearsomely fast at Silverstone this year. Surely a man riding with a reserve wouldn't be dumping the thing?

Reply to this Topic
kymando

Jun 12

kymando says:

All the riders are going fast enough to crash, the difference between Rossi and Lorenzo is a blink of the eye on each corner which adds up. Maybe because he isnt trying 100% means he is losing concentration more often. The Silverstone crash i cant explain, might be a set up issue on the bumps with the forks in the bottom of the stroke. Both Ducatis crashed at that point of the track the only difference was Hayden was on pole position pace when he crashed which means he was faster everywhere else. All these guys slide the bikes, the faster guys ride through the slide and keep the bike going where they want, a little of your  game or lack of concentration because you are not at 100% and down the road they go. I would agree if he was on the pace and crashing like Casey was but not with these dismall performances and being beaten by his team mate.

Who thinks with Casey on that bike tommorow it wouldnt run at the front

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Boom you've got it in one BB!

Yes his true pace is around that second tier mark. Why is that such a difficult concept for so many to grasp? It's why he left Yamaha in the first place afterall.

Although the enormous hit his ego has taken adds an element to his dismal performances too.

The man is supposed to be a riding god. Yet he's invariably the lowest qualifying Duke on the grid. As stated previously I'd have a little more sympathy if the man was head and shoulders better than the other Ducati riders, at least within sniffing distance of the leaders at race end, and not a time zone away in the dry. But he's not is he?

The Duke isn't that bad. Their riding stock is.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Speculative isn't it BB

All I'm saying is he's not at JL, CS or DP level.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

In the kingdom of the blind, only the one-eyed Nostro can see

Yes his true pace is around that second tier mark. Why is that such a difficult concept for so many to grasp? It's why he left Yamaha in the first place afterall.

Come on Nostro do you really believe the stuff you write?
You can claim VR left Yam because his pace was of the second tier mark - if 2nd tier is AD/BS etc etc then surely they would have handed his arse to him on a plate throughout the 2010 season, yet they didn't...

Also - you state he isnt at the level of DP/CS/JL.
Now I agree that JL and CS moved the game but your confusing the disaster of Ducati with VR's collapse. The failure to adapt his style to suit the Duke is not signifier of end of-talent alla Poggialli, rather it shows limited scope for riding a bike that isnt 'honed' to perfection alla Yamaha.

The consistently claim the Ducati isn't that bad - its down to thier riders but based upon what?
Your experience of riding the Duke, your insider knowledge to the factory and thier development program?

Of all your claims that is the most 'fantastic' because it has no basis - Yes, you hold a very thourough technical understanding, insight and breadth of knowlegde but how could you ever determine the bikes ok without intimate knowledge of the machine itself...?

Interested to understand how you reachedf that conclusion (without the need for insults please).

Cheers

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Oh Chris why must we rehash the same old tired shit

Based on the ever so consistently mediorce Nicky Hayden. Not to mention the very clear fact that Casey Stoner on any given weekend was competitive on the Ducati. Yes sometimes he fell off..ha..ha.ha..But the point is he got ALL of the potential out of that machine.

That said yes it was a beast and the third best bike on the grid 2010/2011. However is there any basis for saying that now looking the Honda's and their chronic chatter in super slo-mo? Just how can you Chris hold the counter position that the D16 is rubbish?

So you're telling me that Rossi the GOAT is actually nothing more than a one trick 'the bike must be perfect' pony to compete? Yeah I'll buy into that.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle