Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati plan more tests on aluminium swingarm MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati plan more tests on aluminium swingarm

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati plan more tests on aluminium swingarm

Ducati’s aluminium swingarm project hasn’t been axed and Valentino Rossi could evaluate it again during a one-day test immediately after his home race at Mugello next month. Rossi liked the new aluminium swingarm when he tested it at Mugello recently, the 33-year-old gaining extra feeling on corner entry with his factory GP12 machine. Team-mate Nicky Hayden was less enthusiastic though after the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 June 2012 17:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Assumption?

Its meerly being objective me old china!

You say Rossi has done very little in the three years.
If we take the last 3 years as being 2010/11/12 then (in 2010) finishing 3rd with 10 x podiums including 2 x race wins is not a bad season. DP's 9 x podiums including 4 wins is also a fair tally - the 8 points advantage DP held at the end of the year really showed who was boss! We can also see that the difference between 2010 and 2011 shows a rapid decline when he entered the ducati fold.

If Hayden is the constant to use as a benchmark for the 'ability' of another rider then surely his race finishes and points tally should be used as a reference. or should we look at his tactic of ride fast for 6 laps, destroy tires, fall back fast? His accumulation of points each season, going from 104 in his first year on the might duke, to 163 and then back to 132 clearly shows the progression of the rider/bike and his usefulness as a constant. However maybe that is the right approach, Rossi is using the slowly slowly catchy monkey approach and all he has caught is er, nothing. At least hayden has more 'camera time'!

DP's alien status must surely be up for grabs, he has maintained it this year simply through lack of depth of field - there are only 3 riders on for race wins and no matter how patriotic one can be, CC-AD-BS ain't in the hunt.

Rossi was the benchmark, then he moved to Ducati and stopped being the benchmark. No shame in that.
If he moves to another (Japanese) team then he will be a benchmark again - I hope for positive reasons and not for the same reasons as Capirex.

It's not living in the past Nostro, it's considering the facts.
How do you rationalise your dislike of all things (and people) yellow..?

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

..and to drag this pointless pissing contest further along, Hayden is not a benchmark for the ability of another rider...he is a benchmark for the performance of Ducati over the last 4 years. The fact that Stoner was head and shoulders ahead of Hayden AND the customer Ducatis, and the fact that Rossi is not, says it all really.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Alright Bloodbubble put your razor away

Nothing to spill blood over. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, but you've misinterpreted me. Rossi was the benchmark for the young guns as they entered the premier class was my line of thought.

You're putting words in my mouth now though BB. Of course Rossi is still a force to be reckoned with. Well for those outside the top three that is. You are aware of course that it is the nature of competitive sport that the bar gets raised constantly? If it wasn't then perhaps Alan Wells would be the world 100m sprint record holder and a Brit could win Wimbledon.

My dislike of all things yellow Chris? Well that's a pretty easy one mate. Rossi and his hubris; his Oompa Loompa acolytes and their stupidity.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

vtwinmark

Sums it up perfectly. A-star.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Twin & Nostro

I would agree with your summations.

Stoner could while the rest cannnot, but why...................................................................................................
And the dislike of all things yellow and mindless.

Lorenzo for champ 2012 - 2013 - 2014

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Alan Wells?

Fk me, you pull that one out of your 20th century sporting almanac?

Mind you, I guess living in the past is all you orange boys are gonna have come the end of the year

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

I guess living in the past is all you orange boys are gonna have come the end of the year

....from a guy that would know from experience all too well:laugh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Nostrilapithicus

Yeah Nostro like I said most reasonable and balanced people. You clearly don't fall into that category. 

You never did back to any of us with a link to the spidey frame. 

Oh yeah and how competitive do you think the ducati is. Is it up there with the honda. How far off the yama and honda do you think it isn't?

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

pretty obvious

..that Honda and Yamaha are the best 'all round package' at the moment...but the most decisive factor is that the fast young guns are..wait for it...NOT on a Ducati. 

Hayden was 'cherry picked' from Honda after a 6th and 8th position, (much akin to his Ducati career), and Rossi's recruitment has been well documented. 

Stoner has been the only one on the 'up' curve of a career...I see a pattern emerging.:lol:

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Ducati have based rider choices upon experience and consistency and it's brought nothing but pain. With thier third (or was it fourth) choice rider in Stoner they achieved instant success. So, change your rider recruitment strategy and get Iannone who has more testosterone than brains.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices