Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Trophy 1200 revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Triumph Trophy 1200 revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Triumph Trophy 1200 revealed

Triumph have just unveiled the new Trophy Tourer. The full report will be in next week's MCN (out Wednesday June 27), but in the meantime here are the raw facts from Triumph's press release • Three cylinder 1215cc engine developing 132bhp and 89lb.ft of torque at just 6,450rpm.• Virtually maintenance free shaft drive.• The most highly technologically advanced Triumph with ride by wire, traction...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 June 2012 17:59)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gremlinbyname

Apr 12

Coool!

That is one crackin lookin bike! I may well be tempted :) ... Looks like an Owl! 8>

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Extended service intervals?

Triumph major service intervals are at 12k, minor at 6k. Could MCN clarify whether it's a minor at 10k and majors at 20k, it could be a bonus.

Reply to this Topic
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

Working class!

This is not working class territory, if you want a cheap tourer buy a gsx 1250 or an xj 600 with panniers it like complaining I can't afford a new BMW x5. Besides compared to the fjr at 15k or a pan it's very competitive, still can't afford one

Reply to this Topic

Aug 02

1100970 says:

It looks like an owl as already noted, way to much plastic on the front.  You will always gets critics for a new bike, I want triumph to bring a good loking bike out  but on this ocassion it`s a shit looking bike.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Finally somebody has pointed out that shaft drive is "virtually maintenance free". I get so bored with reading that shaft drive is maintenance free. As if there's such a thing as a moving part taking transmission loads that wouldn't wear out.

Reply to this Topic
Moke1275

Jun 10

Moke1275 says:

Not sure what "working class" has to do with this. If you cannot afford one get something else or move to North Korea. As for comparing the relative cost of a car and bike it's simply pointless. A 59 Bonneville cost more than a Ford Prefect so anyone who bought one was a fool? The Trophy is big, fat, heavy and dull but so what? if it's your cup of tea great. I hope Triumph sell loads of them

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

Top Bike?

With the report coming next week. will Triumph once again be top bike in it's class?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Well

it's big, ugly and heavy (do touring bikes need to be heavy?) but if this sells in the Americas and turns in a good profit for Triumph that will finally allow them to build a superbike then here's hoping it's a success for them.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Goulash

Jun 11

Goulash says:

Like the ugly fat bird at the office

Hmmmm, bit porky, not to mention 14k. Is it better than my Tiger 800? Certainly not 7k better. Is it better than the Explorer which is 3k cheaper? Doubt it as they are the same bike essentially. I suppose for fans of the larger touring bike, it will make a nice choice problem between the similarly porky BMW's, Honda Pan or similar

Reply to this Topic
mattofasto

Aug 02

mattofasto says:

Yes, for a week's riding holiday where you're doing 4-500 miles per day in all weathers, it will be better than your Tiger 800. Although quite why you'd want to compare a full-dress tourer to a mid-range adventure 'bike, I'm not really sure. It all depends on where, how and at what speed you prefer to ride, surely? The K1600 starts at about £18K when I last looked, and weighs 348 kg, so the Triumph looks a better balance to me. The top of the fairing looks like a R1250RT, but so what? It's a completely different engine configuration to that 'bike, so it's hardly a copy is it?? Not really my sort of 'bike for now, but for a practical, top-spec big tourer it looks like a great option compare to what else is on offer.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices