Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Trophy 1200 revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Triumph Trophy 1200 revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

John Westlake  says:

Triumph Trophy 1200 revealed

Triumph have just unveiled the new Trophy Tourer. The full report will be in next week's MCN (out Wednesday June 27), but in the meantime here are the raw facts from Triumph's press release • Three cylinder 1215cc engine developing 132bhp and 89lb.ft of torque at just 6,450rpm.• Virtually maintenance free shaft drive.• The most highly technologically advanced Triumph with ride by wire, traction...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 June 2012 17:59)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dropdeadfred

Jul 04

dropdeadfred says:

WHAT!!!??

Is it me or is that just a BMW RT rip off, come on Triumph get a grip!

Reply to this Topic
BillMiller

Sep 09

BillMiller says:

I need a replacement for an unreliable K1300GT, wont buy another BMW and was hoping this was it but engine power is significantly lacking.

Reply to this Topic
sewcharman

Nov 10

sewcharman says:

Trophy 1200

I've been waiting for this before I bought my new bike and really wanted to want it but its too big and heavy for what I need. May just have to go for the Versys 1000 after all! 

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Top of its class?

For those of you commenting asking whether the triumph will be top of its class in the mcn test... It will. Triumph spend an awfully large amount of money wining and dining journalists in the uk, Britain is by far their most important market. As long as they keep pumping out the freebies you can rest assured that absolutely anything they produce will be top of its class. Of course if you buy one you may find its not, in fact you may find out its shite. While you may feel that the review misled you to purchase an inferior machine, that's not MCN's problem. We are not MCN's customers, us, and the ability to sway our bike buying decisions is the product being sold.

Reply to this Topic
mark0711

Mar 11

mark0711 says:

All this is is a BMW R 1200 RT with a different badge stuck on it , and to Bill Miller I have a 2011 BMW F 800 ST and had no problems with mine ! 

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

who need that much fairing

like why do you need car like wind protection in the summer, lets say that the best holiday ever is a summer tour to italy and back, ok you'll need a fairing of sorts to cruise down the german autobahn at 120mph+ all day, but when your riding in 35 c plus temperatures the last thing you need is a f*cking massive fairing, so this bike and other super fairinged tourers must be aimed at winter riding in northern europe not summer touring of southern europe. 

Reply to this Topic
Idahojudgebuster

Oct 05

Big Daytona?

I am not really that excited about the Trophy because it isn't my kind of bike.  What does excite me though is the possibility that this thing may be a harbinger of  a "liter-bike class " Daytona in the future! Obviously a lot would need to be changed but if  Triumph's and MV's 675  triples can ber competitive against 600cc fours a 1215cc triple could be competitive agaisnt 1000cc  fours.

Reply to this Topic
street3r

Sep 10

street3r says:

Copy, no problem...

All the bike companies have been copying each other for years. They've all been doing it...Japanese copy Europe, Europe copy Japanese, Chinese copy  Japanese, Europe copy Europe and so on..

The key to a copy is make it better and sell it cheaper. So far Triumph have done well. If BMW are still dropping the quality, then Triumph are there to pick it up. Proof is in the sales.

As for 1 litre Daytona. Hmm. The big sports market is maxed at the moment and the sales are slipping. They might do 800cc and add ABS. But we'll see. I'd still like an 800cc Sprint, that was really sporty  (tourer) style (compete with Honda CB600F and BMW F800S) topping 200kg wet. They've made a lot of big heavy bikes too heavy in my opinion. There are gaps if you look at their current product line.

Keep going Triumph. Let's see what you can do.

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

@ evilamnesiac

Hiya,

I reckon your comments that the triumph might be $hite and buyers are being mislead are a little off the mark. I've had 4 hinkley Triumphs and covered literally huindreds of thousands of miles over the last 12 years and I've never had a single problem - and they're a pleasure to ride too.

I really don't think the people who buy them would make a purchase like that based on a review, which might in any case be biased by the journo who actually wrote it. for example -I've got a Bandit GS 1200S as a 2nd bike and i detest it! it's slow, feels cheap and drinks petrol compared to my Triumphs, but that's just my oppinion - there's probably lots of people out there who love their bandits (bless 'em!).

I'm deffo interested in the new trophy - but a road test rather than a review will sway me whether to buy one or not!.

Baz

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Street3r spot on

An 800 SPRINT is what i was looking for in 2008 when i sold my BONNEVILLE,i even wrote to TRIUMPH asking why there is nothing like this,the reply was "we are not interested in the older rider the future is in the youth",so they are not interested in my money.I bought a FZ6 S2 lovely bike, well finished,totally reliable but that engine it would not go unless it was screeming.Please TRIUMPH make an 800 SPRINT.

To those who are after a Tourer have a go on the TROPHY,make your own mind up but be warned you'll end up buying it

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices