Skip to content

General New bike Out! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > New bike Out!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

New bike Out!

Has any one seen the new WK 650i that is a like for like copy of the kawazaki  ER-6N?

And it's only £4199 OTR 

That's almost £2000 less than the kawazaki!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 June 2012 21:16)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Haven't seen it

but if its a copy, I think I'd be more inclined to buy the Kwak - £4200 will buy a decent, not-very-old used one, which is a known quantity (it's a popular bike) and which has a sufficient (and known) dealer network and spares supply.

Reply to this Topic
LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

Looks good

It's been well reviewed by the Australian MCN and it looks to be a fair looking bike. But what do I know?

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

Not bad

styling... but like adie says, dont know anything about their build quality or reliabilty......

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

1. 650i  
  2. 650i  
Reply to this Topic
Darkrapture

Nov 09

Darkrapture says:

No Thanks

I know it sells in good numbers but I wouldn't have a genuine ER6-N never mind a knockoff. I've been riding one the last 2 months as a courtesy bike while an insurance claim gets sorted.

It's not a bad bike per se, I just feel there are better bikes to spend your money on. They feel like a training school bike.

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Get what you pay for generally

£2k less than the Kwak new, probably worth £3.5k less in a couple of years time.

Poor kid just a few doors down from me, wanted a bike and his parents knocked on my door to ask about bikes as they knew I'd always had one. He was looking at a less than 2 yr old chinese 125 or a 4 year old CG for about the same price. My advice, go for the honda, I knew the dealer and he's straight, whereas the other one was a private sale.   Even offered to go with him to look at both, but they bought the chinese one, and now a year on it's on his drive melting away in the rain as never run right from day 1.

Tried to help, and really feel sorry for him...

Horses for courses and all that

Reply to this Topic
LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

Don't Knock it till you tried it

Chinese bikes are good value to get you on the road. and they coast cheap as chips to buy from new.

Yeh they have had a lot of bad press, BUT they are getting better! As long as you service them and change the oil regularly they are perfect bikes.

Some say that Chinese bikes are slimier to that of the 70s Japanese bikes? But the New ones are drastically improving in quality that say from 4 years ago.  

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Maybe

But neighbours kid tried it and is now stuffed.

:shock:

Reply to this Topic
LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

I suppose

I suppose........

I have a Chinese scooter that has had no major issues at all well in fact none.

But I suppose it's all down to preference 

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

gotta say

colleague of mine bought a chinese 125.. a "hoangsoangh" or something along those lines... from new, had nothing but grief with it, bits fell off, front mudguaard broke from just riding it!! exhaust rotted through, headlight corroded, turn on indicator and main beam flashed!!! to name but a few of the problems.. myself and other said to avoid at... but as said, budget dictated otherwise.. however, the money he spent fixing it, wouldve bought a good 2nd hand honda or similar...

he has since passed his DAS and bought a ER6-F!   no teaching some people!! lmao :wink::lol: 

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

To give an idea

the WK is £4200 new.

A 5 year old ER6 on an '07 plate will be £3 - £3.5k from a dealer.

Whilst the ER6 will have its critics, I know what I'd rather have.

Trouble with the Chinese bikes is they're a bit of a lottery - some will be of reasonable quality, whilst others are absolute crap. I recall one lad with a Chinese bike, the exhaust rotted through and he went to order a new one - only to find that they weren't easily obtained - all he could do then was to get it welded to keep it (and him) on the road.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices