Skip to content

General New bike Out! General

You are in... Forums > General > General > New bike Out!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

LearnerRider

May 12

LearnerRider says:

New bike Out!

Has any one seen the new WK 650i that is a like for like copy of the kawazaki  ER-6N?

And it's only £4199 OTR 

That's almost £2000 less than the kawazaki!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 June 2012 21:16)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

buy

a cb 500 :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I have an er6f

and I think it was Blader who said they are a training school bike, and he is right in that they are dead easy to ride. The whole reason for me buying one due to a few joint problemse,

bought my daughter a chinese moped  7 years ago and it was shit. the only reason i went for it was I wasn't sure if she really wanted to be on two wheels for very long.

never again would i buy anything from there which needed to be safe as can be.

defo no quality control, some will have had good experiences , but predominantly bad.

Reply to this Topic
tulipsam

Apr 09

tulipsam says:

It looks

rather mint, but would have to see what the ride is like mind!!!

Reply to this Topic
bumbletrumpet

Jun 04

WK650i

After having covered a fair amount of miles on our demo bike, I have to question whether Phil West was riding the same model in his review in last week's MCN. Without exception, everybody who has ridden it has been extremely positive both about its ride and build quality. The thing that he calls a “crude, fake cover” on the exhaust is what is known as a heat shield: it keeps clothing away from hot exhaust pipes and often covers the area where the downpipes meet the silencer. Take a look...most bikes have them.  And on the subject of the silencer, it is nothing like an ER6N exhaust which he says it’s trying to mimic: it’s actually very similar to a late model Honda Hornet 600 silencer. He goes on to say “the horn is just tacked on to the frame downtubes”. It is actually bolted onto a bracket, which is welded to the frame: again, just like any other bike. Why is this a bad thing on the WK, but it’s fine for every other manufacturer? Finally, £4299 is not cheap enough? Come off it; it’s over £1600 cheaper than the Kawasaki and you get £200 worth of gear with it! I get the impression that if this bike was priced at £100. Mr West would say it’s worth £50. I would suggest to anybody who wants to read a fair and unbiased review of this bike to read Alan Cathcart’s article which can be accessed via the WK Bikes website, or even better, come and try our demo bike and see for yourself.
Gavin Nightingale, Nightingales Motorcycles, Rugby.

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Not convinced personally

Personally I would want to give it a few years before buying a chinese bike to see how they stand up to all year running. For me a few days in the hands of a journalist isn't going to show if there's inherent quality issue lurking.

I am aware the chinese make parts for western manufacturers but I'm also aware that if I buy chinese made Machine Mart tool the item very very often doesn't work. I'm also aware that material composition on many chinese products can be somewhat poor and that can be a lethal safety concern lying in wait.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle