Skip to content

Discuss This 80-year-old grandmother on a Fireblade General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > 80-year-old grandmother on a Fireblade

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Ovski

Nov 10

Ovski says:

80-year-old grandmother on a Fireblade

For six years my girlfriend's family and I have been joking about her nan having a go on a bike again. 50 years ago her and her husband went everywhere on a Vespa - fast forward to last weekend and with a bit of help we managed to get her on the back of my Fireblade! I so hope I'm brave enough...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 June 2012 10:29)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

lol

nice, safer than putting them behind the wheel of a car :P i love how old people start pulling out into main roads...and then wave at you like you stopped to let them come out, YOUR ALEADY IN THE MAIN ROAD! hahaha

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

What did she think?

My Mum used to ride on the back of her dad's scooter in the 50s and had fond memories (despite continuing to hate me riding bikes to the present day). In 83 she hadn't been on the back of a bike for about thirty years but suddenly decided she wanted to have a go. Despite riding very very very gently (I got up to 50mph eventually) she was shocked at how sharp the acceleration  was (on a 250 two up)...

I hate to think what the contrast was between a scooter and a Blade...

Reply to this Topic
greg1948

May 06

greg1948 says:

A few years ago i took my father on my VFR, he was about 84 at the time and hadnt been on a solo bike since the 1940's and had ridden a bike & sidecar until he pased his test in the 1960's.

It was only a short trip to the nearest town and back but we hit the magic number a few times.

He didnt speak for quite a while after he got off!

I think that it just confirmed the view that he had formed of me and my motorcycles years before

Reply to this Topic
Ovski

Nov 10

Ovski says:

@Andy949494

She loved it! Although to be fair she probably went faster on the moped- I only went round the block a couple of times in first gear. Next weekend = dual carriageway. Weekend after that = Nurburgring!! :)

Reply to this Topic
scotsmaninusa

Apr 10

my father in law is 74

and owns/ rides a FJ1300,harley electraglide and 1400 ZZr in New Jersey.

Reply to this Topic
Idahojudgebuster

Oct 05

An example for my mother!

I have been trying to convince my piano teacher, church organist mother to shoot one of my AK47s. If this grandmother can ride on the back of a 1000RR, I think my mom could sling a little hot lead!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

hmmmm...

I have had bad thoughts about taking my mother-in-law on the back of my Busa, Full chat.

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

One of the guys at our local bike club is 82 and runs a Yam R1  . He is forever changing his bike and is really keen . Another friend who lives on the coast was a high mileage rider , regular trips abroad , mainly on a Goldwing until this year [ his 86th ] his doctor told him to downgrade to a lighter bike . But not fancying a middleweight and him being  6ft  7  &  25 stone ,has decided to pack riding in . I don"t think we noticed old bikers in the past as there were so many riders  , but now things have turned full circle especially in the custom bike / trike scene , it"s now rare to see anyone under  40  on a bike . The  most prolific biker in our family was my sister-in-law"s grandmother who along with her hubby had ridden bikes since the early 20th century .Many years ago she refused lifts home from a visit ,in our cars - but always made me get my old  Royal Enfield Super Meteor +  sidecar out to run her home . She always got on the back scorning  the dry &  semi-comfort of the big chair - she  did this into her 90s .

Reply to this Topic
SPIKER40

Apr 06

SPIKER40 says:

groovy gran

Hats off to the groovyest gran!  your a star.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices