Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies hunting more Dutch delight MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies hunting more Dutch delight

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies hunting more Dutch delight

Ben Spies is determined to fire some momentum into his 2012 MotoGP world championship campaign by challenging for a second successive victory in the legendary Dutch TT at Assen this weekend. The Texan’s solitary premier class victory came in emphatic fashion at Assen a year ago, but Spies arrives in Holland without a podium in the opening six races of this...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 June 2012 17:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Spies has been incredibly disappointing this year so far. He's on one of if not the best bike on the grid and his results have in no way warranted his ride. He has the backing of being a US rider though and that carries alot of weight as yam want him 4 the US market. I want cal on his bike, but I'm a brit. . . . And that's never going to happen.

Reply to this Topic
kymando

Jun 12

kymando says:

US rider

Do you think Cal would do a better job? Maybe at the moment but need to see how the hole season unfolds early days yet.

By the way,not questioning Cals talent just that Ben was good on the Tech 3 bike aswell

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Feck the facts the racing is more important.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Makes me wonder

when things are said by people such as below.

Maybe Spies got to ...

... where he is today because of his American passport?

Then I wonder again back in 2009 when Ben Spies in his Rookie year in WSBK mauled and bitch slap all riders on a Yamaha bike that had never won shit in WSBK. His ascension to Motogp was fitting. The following year on a better bike from Yamaha, Mutchtooslow and Slowesland failed to give Yamaha their Glory.

Then I wonder about Cal Crutchlow and his own path from WSBK to Motogp and I LMAO. I wonder if his was the most blatant use of nationality passport gift given to any rider. But I guess, since Slowesland was fired…ummm demoted, them Brits needed a Brit to cheer for, Mutchtooslow, their backyard WSS champion asended.

Pity he has failed miserably in the 2 years, with only two 4th place to show for. Brits are failing miserably these days while the Americans are doing better. You only have to look at the stats to see.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

"Feck the facts the racing is more important."

another incisive comment from the font of all knowlege.  give me strength.

benny - i've been quoting facts to yer man for ages and not had a considered, structured or well reasoned response to date.  i have, however, been subjected to a litany of 'ass' and masturbation-related comments - i think wosi might have found a common denominator i'd overlooked.

Reply to this Topic
yamahagal

Jun 12

yamahagal says:

BennyHedgehog you obviously love google!! How long do you spend googling useless worthless facts about a rider who is simply having an off season? Motogp.com today press conference - listen to it, hear things from him that will prove you wrong and he doesn't look anxious to me. Just his usual steely faced self. Wosideg you should learn to use google!! What a pair of prats you are!

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Benny

You going to take that from a girl....:lol:

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Benny

Theres very little chance of that......and thats a " Factoid " .:tongue: