Skip to content

TRIUMPH Poll: Which cruiser would you take for a test ride? THUNDERBIRD 1600

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > THUNDERBIRD 1600 > Poll: Which cruiser would you take for a test ride?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Which cruiser would you take for a test ride?

In next week's MCN there's a comprehensive buyer's guide and celebration of Triumph's Thunderbird. We want to get an idea of which cruisers (if any) the users of www.motorcyclenews.com would consider taking for a test ride. Let us know your thoughts below the poll. pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 June 2012 14:30)

Post a message in THUNDERBIRD 1600

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Diavel is really special

Still quite unknown among the riders, the Ducati Diavel has both changed and enhanced the traditional concept of what a great cruiser should be.  It's tremendously competent, comfortable, refined, powerful, agile, flickable yet with no drama, amazing brakes and almost no bad manners. An impossible mix of character traits, blended well to form a totally fun road-friendly bike.  Let me say it again, it's really fast... :)

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

HMS Belfast.............!

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

Diavel

Yep it's a great bike - no doubt the best performer in this lot. I'd have one tomorrow (if I could afford one!), apart from the shape of the tank - it looks a bit odd to me. wouldn't stop me owning one though.

what about the new vmax as well? apart from the rediculous price tag they're a great bike - and the 'RSD Design' cafe racer is possibly the best looking bike ever. take a look -

http://www.rolandsands.com/wp/2011/11/28/vmax

cheers

Baz

Reply to this Topic
Typhon219

Oct 11

Typhon219 says:

the problem I have with the likes of the Diavel is that on it's launch it was everywhere, much like the Panigale is now. This absolutely puts me off testing them as I'm bored of hearing about them, although I acknowlege they're a massive step forward and applaude Ducati for daring to be different.

Of this lot I'd try the triumph as I like classic style cruisers, (weird as I hate  Triumph's blatant BMW clones recently launched or announced, again a brand constantly all over MCN) 

Each to their own though and I'll not turn down the chance to try any bike someone wants to give me the keys to.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Diavel

Yes, the best bike in the list but........ is it really a cruiser in the same mould as the other bikes.?

Reply to this Topic
SPIKER40

Apr 06

SPIKER40 says:

cruiser

I think its good that we all appreciate different types of bikes, but lets not kid ourselves........

If you ride the vast majority of cruisers, you know they are going to be heavy, inefficient, need all day to polish, and handle like a tea trolley, but if thats your thing........

One thing that I will never understand.......seriously, who of sane mind would ever buy a victory 8 ball??

Reply to this Topic
Dcapaldi

Jun 12

Dcapaldi says:

Victory

I love my victory had a few, but all the Harley's, I have had never happy with any of them, kept changing items on the bikes still not not happy, and the last one was a vrod, looking forward to picking my new victory cross roads up next week.

Reply to this Topic
vachequipis

Dec 11

vachequipis says:

Why not mention H-D Sportster? The H-D 48 is the only H-D ever that made it into the top 10 list of best selling bikes in Europe! Ok H-D make bikes that the majority dislike but all the rest on this list are copies, they must have some appeal or why bother to copy them. Vrod and Diavel should be classed under Muscle bikes.

Reply to this Topic
jallen

Aug 02

jallen says:

I voted the Ducati as it is a good bike although I agree with vachequipis as it is really a Muscle bike.

I have ridden a Triumph Thunderbird (only courtesy bike left) and although I really prefer sports/sports touring bikes grudgingly admitted on its return that after a while when the sun came out I quite enjoyed it.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

we hired a harley (fat boy with the evo gearbox-don't even start me) in florida about 3 years ago, the girlfriend band me from taking about it, it was that bad, i asked if the engine was restricted when i took it back and the guy started to get upset, i'm still in shock about every aspect of  "it." an american car drivers idea of a motorbike, i'm still band from talking about it, but a m8 has a stage something tuned one and swears by it, so each to their own and if you like it then thats all that matters. In the end if you enjoy a bike then it's your bike.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices