Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/You answer: What are the best tyres? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/You answer: What are the best tyres?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/You answer: What are the best tyres?

I passed my test two years ago and have been gradually getting more confident on my 2004 Honda Fireblade. I've now got to fit some new tyres and want to know how much difference the best sticky rubber will have. Or should I just put on some sports touring tyres? Your advice could help. Leave a comment below and we'll publish the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 June 2012 15:24)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Looking at the comments, it just shows we all have our own favourites. There is no definitve "best tyre".

Got to say the Michelin Pilot Power 2ct's I had weren't great. Slimy in the wet and a flattish profile making turn in slow.

If you can put up with low mileage and long warm up times, the Metzeler racetec interacts in  K1 compound for the front and K2 compund for the rear are superb for turn in, grip and confidence. Not recommended for the wet though and designed for track use above road use. Pirelli Diablo Supercorsas get great reviews too.

Worst ever for me were the Pireli Diablo Stradas. Slow to warm up, vague and a waste of my money.

These days, I'm more sensible and realise I cannot exploit high price race based tyres on the road, so I run Conti Sport Attacks at the moment. For the price and for all round on road performance great.They turn in nicely, grip well and great stability. There are probably better but then you pay more.

Reply to this Topic
Dan09

Jul 09

Dan09 says:

Sports touring tyres will do it all unless you're a true all in one wannabe. And Kl595 is right, no definitive answer and we all have our own favourites. Me, I'm on my third pair in a row of Pirelli Diablo Stradas. For the price (cheaper than everyone's latest and greatest) I think they're excellent in both wet and dry, and give me tons of confidence to push on through corners, can go much further than I feel comfortable, and they last reasonably well too (4000 plus miles for rears, better at front...)

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

lol

You see Dan09 and myself prove the point. I hated the Pirelli Diablo Stradas, yet Dan09 loves em and fair play to him.

This is going to be an interesting topic. I really hope someone suggests Pirelli Phantoms or Avon Roadrunners and everyone agrees. :biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
GFYALL

Dec 09

GFYALL says:

I wonder what BikerGirlMe thinks about tyres...When will MCN get rid of the spam merchants from this site?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle