Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: ‘I hope I can race next year with a competitive bike’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: ‘I hope I can race next year with a competitive bike’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi: ‘I hope I can race next year with a competitive bike’

Valentino Rossi has again insisted his prime focus is on making Ducati’s struggling Desmosedici a race-winning package. Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta was quoted in a recent interview saying that the 33-year-old will be riding competitive machinery in 2013, but refused to say with which manufacturer. Rossi is understood to have held talks with both Yamaha and Honda but the nine-times world champion...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 June 2012 17:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I hope I can race next year with a competitive bike

And so does 95% of the grid want to be as well....

Reply to this Topic
MASHWREN

Apr 12

MASHWREN says:

?????

so does this mean for now iam with Ducati but if dont give me a bike thats even close to the podium before the end of the season then i am going elsewhere.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

He will want to win on the Ducati first before thinking of joining another team IMO.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

hrc

My money is on hrc unless the upgrades at laguna seca work miracles.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Me too. there's a couple of rumours doing the rounds that reckon Rossi- Honda, Dani- yamaha and Cal obscurity(Ducati) already sorted.. It'll have to be something special for Presiozi to get it right this time given all the times he'd got it wrong and Rossi cannot afford another gamble on ducati spending another year in development.. However if it's close, a long career racing Audis when he retires would be very tempting.. What ever happens ducati need to sort the bike and if they keep the L shape desmo with two small spars either side of the engine it's hard to see that ever being enough..No way should an engine be spending 20m and not have a clue what his product is gonna do every time he turns it on.. PPs first priority is to save the marketing disaster that is the panigale, the racing is a distant 2nd I reckon..

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

A hard decision

Obviously Rossi would like to get the Ducati Competitive and If he does it by the end of the season, then that's all well and good and he can sign to them for x amount of years. But if it isn't competitive at the end of the year, what does he do. If he stays another year,he still might not get the Ducati right and the opportunity to go to Honda or Yamaha might not arise again. Yet if he goes straight to Honda or Yamaha at the end of this season, it will always nag him that they couldn't get the Ducati to work right.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Waiting

If Rossi has been in talks with Honda and Yamaha, I would imagine that he told them to wait for an answer towards the end of the season and to see how the Ducati is fairing.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

I happen to think Lorenzo has moved it up a notch since he was last giving Rossi a bloody nose.....but erections all round for the Rossi fans!!...AND NO STONER TO SPOIL THE PARTY!!!

Reply to this Topic
SStyloF

Oct 10

SStyloF says:

Looking at the desmos development history and development of GP bikes in general, I don't see a miracle happening at ducati. How often do we see a complete turn around in a season? Never? Take cash strapped suzuki, they've tested multiple frame designs and engine positions ina single year. I don't see the ducati boutique doing that. They've not been able to convert the feedback they've receive in over ayear. They want to keep their L design engine because it is "history". Well then history will be their downfall. Even bmws s1000rr was based on japanese designs when their unique and independent designs never delivered anything that could compare to japan and italys hypersports bikes

Reply to this Topic
SStyloF

Oct 10

SStyloF says:

Looking at the desmos development history and development of GP bikes in general, I don't see a miracle happening at ducati. How often do we see a complete turn around in a season? Never? Take cash strapped suzuki, they've tested multiple frame designs and engine positions ina single year. I don't see the ducati boutique doing that. They've not been able to convert the feedback they've receive in over ayear. They want to keep their L design engine because it is "history". Well then history will be their downfall. Even bmws s1000rr was based on japanese designs when their unique and independent designs never delivered anything that could compare to japan and italys hypersports bikes

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices