Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati making little progress, admits Nicky Hayden MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati making little progress, admits Nicky Hayden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati making little progress, admits Nicky Hayden

Ducati is no closer to challenging Honda and Yamaha than it was at the start of the new 1000cc era, according to factory rider Nicky Hayden. The Bologna factory has only scored one rostrum in the opening six races when Valentino Rossi needed wet conditions at the French Grand Prix in Le Mans to claim second position behind Jorge Lorenzo. Rossi hasn’t...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 June 2012 18:55)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

The Rossi era has proved an expensive one for Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

The easiest thing to do would be to have a tyre inbetween the hard and soft, as Hayden was wearing the soft too quickly and Rossi, who was using the hard, couldn't get traction. But as they can't get specific tyres, it will be interesting to see if they can make the soft tyres last.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Don't hold your breath for Mr Hayden

more blandishments saying next to squat.

You do know Firebird the turd that Bridgestone have quite an array of compounds. They bring different tyres to each and every round depending on their knowledge of tyre behaviour at that track - grip, abrasion, expected temperatures etc. Although B/stone only supply two compounds, which is why we have the rather euphemistic terms 'hard' and 'soft'. The reality may well be soft and extra soft, or medium hard and hard, plenty of options really and rarely any big difference between the two. But such are the sharply honed edges of these machines that the performance envelop they work towards in practice tends to favours one compound over the other. The media also beat the soft, hard argument up leaving the inhabitants of Oompa Loompa land thinking it's all too black and white when its anything of the sort.

At Silverstone Rossi had a hard on but probably fancied Hayden's softie. What they both really need to figure quick smart though is a decent setting that doesn't rip their rubbers because as we've seen this leaves very messy and embarrassing results for Ducati.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

A lot of work for Ducati to do resources.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Nasal-- Ducati need your optimism and absolute belief that it is everything single fucking thing possible except the bike that is the problem. Pp must lure ya. The Ducati has had the same problem it's had for 5 years and they haven't made an ounce of progress fixing it. The bs ttyres have proved that they can give you fantastic front end feel(Jorge). Rossi hasn't wasted any money, Ducati wanted him for his skills but have spent the last two seasons asking him to change his style to one that isn't competitive. If anything he's due an apology from them. End of . Ducati and the chosen ones will look twats the first practice next year when Rossi is mysteriously miles quicker and cal i(hopefully not!)s in the clinica mobila.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Hugelean....

..your arguments are so full of holes your post almost fell of my screen! So Ducati have done nothing that Rossi has requested? They have merely asked him to change his style to one that is less competitive?? Less competitive than the one he is using now?? I doubt that is humanly possible. Ducati have jumped through hoops in the last 18 months, more changes than the previous 8 years put together probably. And why may crutchlow be in the clinica mobila any more often than he is now on the tech 3?? Incidently, the last time your guy spent any extended time in the clinic was when he crashed the Yamaha trying to respond to his teamate...

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Has anyone else noticed that Elbowz sounds like Yoda...

"A lot of work, Ducati to do,

Resources they must have!"

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Chris

I have been thinking exactly the same thing for a while now.......:lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

move on

even the old goat cant get the thing to work.honda for nicky.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

ducat is shit - game over

If Hayden says stuff like this you know its finally over at ducati. There is now nowhere for ducati to hide how bad they an the bikes are. 

Hayden is only there to market to the US. All they ask of him is to keep smiling and murmur positive noises and now he isn't. 

I hope Nicky get away for ducati and shows us that he is better than the ducati makes him look. I hope he gets away cause otherwise he is just selling himself out maybe. 

Same goes for Rossi I hope he leaves ducati just to show everyone its the ducati pos bike. I also want to see rossi racing Lorenzo up front not waste his last few years on the least competitive bike.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices