Skip to content

Discuss This 2013 speculation no distraction for Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > 2013 speculation no distraction for Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

2013 speculation no distraction for Cal Crutchlow

Cal Crutchlow is adamant that intense speculation about his MotoGP future is not a distraction as he ponders a two-year offer to join Ducati’s factory squad. The British rider was due to sit down with Yamaha boss Lin Jarvis in the Assen paddock tonight (Wednesday) to try and get further clarification on the Japanese factory’s 2013 strategy. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 June 2012 19:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Tactics

I like the way Cal is playing the contract game,love it.Yes I want to stay with Yamaha but give me what I want or I MAY go to the oposition ! Youre move Mr Yamaha ! Thats the way to do it,keep em guessing & make em sweat.

Got to feel a little sorry though for Tech 3 as they have 2 fantastic riders which they are going to be unable to keep.If only Yamaha would pledge factory support to Tech 3,Cal could stay knowing he would be on equal terms with the factory Yamahas.

Not sure if he is serious about Ducati or wether he is just using them as leverage with Yamaha.Its a brave man that takes the Ducati & it could be the road to ruin for Cal.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

You know a bitch

when he says things like this: Crutchlow though says he will have no hesitation to leave Yamaha if they can’t offer him the factory ride he desires.

Has he done anything of any greatness in his career, to rise in the rank of Superstar riders to even think he holds cards that will make a Manufacturer or Satellite team fear him being on the other side.

He musta forgot his last win was in 2009 World Supersport (WSS) round, September 4–6, 2009. It is now June 26, 2012.

The drought and Brits go hand in hand. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Milky

Last win was Silverstone 2010.

2011 was his curve, he needs to podium soon to have any clout.
The Ducati offer is going to play a dissadvantage to him in his negotiations with Yam when they can take Dovi or Spies -both of whm have as much if not more talent- at the same or lower cost without the need for haggling..

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

With one swath

Spies can erase all doubts because he is of the pedigree that are only for the Super talented. Unfortunately, the creator did not sprinkle the raw talent dust enough for Cal, so he ramains a lunch pail type of talent,....must work harder than the rest and still will not be able to reach superstar talent.

One day the Brits will get a win, but the talent is not there nor is it there in their young crop. Luckily we Americans have Spies to hang our hope on and it has not been in vain.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

I'm laughing my nuts off

to think that Cal thinks he is better talent currently in Moto2. Why of why would anyone want to put Cal on a Factory ride when Rookie rule is being dropped and talent such as Iannone, Luthi and then there is last year Bradl, sitting on a satellite bike.

Which factory boss would glaze over those names to land on Mutchtooslow, who, after two years only can come up with the phrase, I'm a scrapper typer of rider, I'm not afraid".

Kind of remind me of a certain Hector Barberra, who amounts to nothing but words and no substance.

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Tech 3 / Brad

wosideg - Good point,I forgot about them signing Bradly Smith.Not a good move considering theyre curent line up.I think it is unlikly they will have as good a team as they have this year for quite some time to come.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

+ 1 .

Cals age is plays against him .

I would of kept my mouth shut till i got to round 10 or 11 , and then started playing the contract game .:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Smith sighned a performance contract .

Under perform , and no tech3 ride .

But rumour has it , the bikes a dog and Smith isnt to blame for this seasons performance .

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Cal is know for putting his foot in his mouth

especially when he said that he could go to 2010 Moto2 and win straightaway.

“Going to World Superbikes is good for me,” the Coventry-born star told Crash.net Radio, “because it lets me stay with Yamaha. They had a two-year deal with me, but they never told me whether they wanted to keep me in Superbikes or not – and if they didn't have a place for me in Superbikes, I was allowed to leave, simple as that.

“That's why I went down the whole going to Gresini route, and that's what I evidently wanted to do because I wanted to go into GP racing, and I felt I could have gone into the Moto2 championship and won straightaway. I was very, very confident of that, especially if I was able to take my crew with me from this year.

Well the riders he felt he could beat that year were Stefan Bradl, Scott Redding, Thomas Lüthi, Andrea Iannone to name a few. 2013 will be upon us and these riders are coming and they all posess more talent in their pinky finger than baboon Cal. It's time for him to stop swinging from the branches and yelling like tarzan because he scares no one.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

LMAO

Tell me about the Williams sister named Serana and Venus. Tell me about Floyd Mayweather. Tell me about Sugar Shane Mosely, Tell me about Tiger Woods.....need I go on. Wosi...you got some logic that is bordering .-.-.-.-.-.-. you can fill in the blanks as best as you can.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices