Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Ben Spies sets practice pace ahead of heroic Cal Crutchlow MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Ben Spies sets practice pace ahead of heroic Cal Crutchlow

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Assen MotoGP: Ben Spies sets practice pace ahead of heroic Cal Crutchlow

Ben Spies proved once again today why the legendary Assen circuit in Holland is one of his favourites after he ended the opening day of practice on top of the timesheets. The Texan, who claimed his solitary MotoGP victory in Assen a year ago, secured top spot with a lap of 1.34.866 to edge out heroic British rider Cal Crutchlow by...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 June 2012 14:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Come on yammy..... Where are ya??? ;)

Come get your Spies fix.......

Oh, and Stoner is finished!!!

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Dovi Factoid

The time set by fully-fit Italian on the exact same Yamaha, was nearly .4s slower down in 7th than the time set by a British bloke with a broken ankle!!

But boy did he look cool eh Benny ;)

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Impressive start pleased but the real test starts on Saturday GO FOR IT AND GO SPIES!!!!!! a hat trick of wins at Assen would be perfect :)

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

WHO BLINKED 1ST.?

Oh yeah,Mr Rossi did. None of the top 3 rider`s in the world bothered with softies. That`s .7 of a second saved till it matter`s,{ on the morrow }, It`s not just engine`s that Casey save`s.....good thinking mate.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Nev = Deluded..

"It`s not just engine`s that Casey save`s.....good thinking mate."

Keep dreaming fella.... This is from the Donkey's mouth..

Stoner says "team changed bike geometry + weight distribution to tackle chatter but made things worse" and "we are struggling at the moment and wasting time trying to find race set up"

You know best though hey Nev..... ha ha ha Plank!!

Reply to this Topic
gaziskwakers

Feb 06

gaziskwakers says:

Hmmmmm

Just looked at the times, then looked up the Superbike lap times, makes an interesting comparison. Jonathan Rea GBR HANNspree Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR 1m 34.944s.. Hope they speed up tomorrow.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Mojo back ?

For Ben's sake I hope so. Calvin again awfully close for comfort. Casey, another milestone. I cannot remember the last time he finished outside top 5 in any practise. No doubt himself and Gabbarini are hard at it thinking outside the #33 tyre box they are lumbered with right now. George as usual setting about it on his merry way to a 5th win, or not ? Dani Darkhorse ? Showa power for Alvaro. I like it !

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

Rossi...

is it worth reading anything into the figures from first day's practice? I mean - Rossi was quickest at Silverstone and look where he ended up qualifying & finishing!

but, good to see Cal up there - defo an Alien (in Assen, no-one can hear you scream.!!..)

Baz

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Good for Ben ,but

One swallow doesn't make a summer, and was Ben looking for a top three when he rode the tech 3 bike,lets see what tomorrow brings and saturday,better still give Cal the blue and white one for the weekend and see how we get on,good Luck to Ben for the weekends race lets hope he does well but there is only, one round at Assen ,I think Yamaha want someone who likes all the tracks,bit of a daft headline really mcn ,I am sure Cal is not gauging his performance on Bens nor is Spies measuring his against Cals they both have a much bigger agenda,Lets hope they both have a storming weekend ,But I confess my fingers are crossed a little more tightly for Cal

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

jorge

notice jorge doin another well used practice session top of the sheets mostly on a hard tyre, no wonder he has this season in control, casey seems to be struggling but so does pedro so what is going on at repsol?, bautista showing good pace, and cal well yamaha better make the right decision for next season.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices