Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Nicky Hayden uncertain of Ducati future MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Nicky Hayden uncertain of Ducati future

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Assen MotoGP: Nicky Hayden uncertain of Ducati future

Nicky Hayden has admitted his future at Ducati is an uncertain one after the Bologna factory offered British rider Cal Crutchlow a two-year factory deal. With Ducati also stating its intention to keep nine-times world champion Valentino Rossi, Hayden admitted he was unsure for who and where he would be riding in 2013 when questioned about his future by MCN in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 June 2012 21:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

More tantrums, Nicky

Apparently that's the ticket to a contract.  Oh, and stop beating Rossi.  You can't expect him to put up with that.

Safe to assume that Rossi pulled out the "choose between one of us" ultimatum (again)?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I'd stop worrying.

With the GOAT on his way (tail firmly between his legs having failed in his remit) then i'm fairly certain Ducati will retain Nicky. But who knows.

Reply to this Topic
SkinnyDave

Jun 12

SkinnyDave says:

Rossi wont be at Ducati next year so I wouldnt be worrying Nicky unless they bring Redding up along with Cruthlow..

@Tetsuo Rossi still leading Ducati rider in championship last time I looked and Crutchlow would be a much tougher proposition for Rossi than Hayden as team mates on the Duc

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Lets see what the future holds I am sure Nicky wants to stay at Ducati too but its a tough ask.

Reply to this Topic
Momo1970

Jul 11

Momo1970 says:

You know I have this crazy gig, what if few years back Honda picked Hayden over Pedrosa? I'm sure that Nicky's career would have way more podium finishes. That Ducati adventure was horrible for Nicky. Perhaps getting out of Ducati Would be good to his career?

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

On the other hand

Maybe Nicky is a very clever boy. Nicky has been earning top dollar during a financial crisis to ride a factory bike in the coolest most prestigious bike series in the world. Nicky also has very limited pressure to bring results because his job is to meet and greet, publicity and sales. Nicky hasn't had the stress of worrying about his ride year after year. The only downsides are some people don't view Nicky as a racer anymore, he is more of a pet. Also a bummer is that he is really talented and it must be tough riding the ducati pos. Don't get me wrong I really like Nicky. Chin up Nicky just think of the money and the chics.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Two years too late!

I would say Hayden has been subjected to one of the most 'manipulated' careers in the recent history of motoGP, test mule for Honda and an identical scenario for Ducati.

His title was one against the odds and for me, one of the best seasons in a long time for drama and excitement but when you're the willing horse all your career, it can never end well. Unfortunately the triumph of good over evil doesn't show it's hand often enough, the Ezpeleta era is proof of that and despite this willing attitude of his giving me the shits, I hope he gets the chance to end his career as most believe he deserves to.

He's definitely the one step forward type of team mate, where Florence is the two steps back protagonist!

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I think it's time for some spring cleaning at MotoGP. Time to get some fresh blood into the series. It's SBK time for Nicky I think.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

BORE

nicky whose faster than rossi but going to kick out???? yes, that's ducati. kicked stoner out and now they going to bancrupt. they're not going to last forever. once audi take it all out, rossi would going retire.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Oh my bleeding heart

Test Mule Nicky, hard working Nicky, nice guy Nicky, loyal Nicky. Counts for jack squat. He's a racer first and foremost. Ten years on a factory bike, employed to win and podium - these have been very rare occurances in Haydens career over these past six seasons. Past you sell by date Nicky, thanks for 2006 but goodbye. Hungry young talent awaits your seat.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices