Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP:Cal Crutchlow could suit Ducati, says Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP:Cal Crutchlow could suit Ducati, says Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Assen MotoGP:Cal Crutchlow could suit Ducati, says Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi believes British rider Cal Crutchlow could be competitive on Ducati’s struggling factory Desmosedici machine. The 26-year-old Midlander has been offered a two-year deal to join the Bologna factory after a series of impressive performances with the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team in 2012. Crutchlow’s growing reputation was only enhanced at the recent British Grand Prix when he rode to a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 June 2012 21:16)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Hats off to Stoner on pole despite his crash this morning hopefully there is a surprise in store tommorow GO SPIES knock the feck out of them again and make it a hat trick of wins at Assen.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Vale is right that Crutchlow’s riding style could suit the Ducati in some ways. But I reckon if Cal moves there the experience will destroy him.

He is a fast guy who’s having a hell of a good start to the season on a great bike and a very good team. More than most other racers though he needs to feel confident before he gets good results and he is easily affected when things aren’t going well.
The bike is a handful and will never be on the same level as Honda or Yamaha, so his results will be worse. Apart from Casey, some people think (Ducati included) all the other riders who have been on the Duke are just rubbish at development and set-up and really the bike is great.

If we think back to the season when Cal’s results got him into the picture for a move up to Motogp class it was (Cal’s own admission) when Rossi literally hopped onto Cal’s Yam to see if he could ride with a broken leg. He lapped a couple of tenths quicker than Crutchlow had the same weekend on Cal’s own bike and he helped improve Cal’s bike offering a few pointers to the mechanics. So even though Vale’s name has been dragged through the mud for failing to turn the Duke from a pigs ear into a silk purse – he seems to have more knowledge than Cal in that department…..and let’s also remember Crutchlow ain’t no Stoner.

I’m not dissing Cal at all but a full factory ride sound great…..unless the word before it is ‘ducati’! It won’t help him one bit if he starts finishing 10th. it would be great to see Ducati start winning in the dry but there is no real evidence to say Cal can do it - he is capable of podiums on a competetive bike, but Ducati can't provide one.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Was out so I missed QP, but I did see the earlier practice.The Honda is bucking like a bronco. The fastest lap was by Pedrosa, the camera stayed on him for most the lap and the front and rear suspensions were often at completely different strokes causing large forces. He looked like Stoner used to on the Ducati. I reckon the knife edge rake they were successful with last year, is really hurting Honda right about now. Way too nervous and twitchy.  They need to slow the steering a little IMO. The tyres are moving way too much on the Hondas. At the earlier practice it was Bautista who looked smoothest out of the Honda boys.

Reply to this Topic

Sep 10

4619 says:

Nice one Vale??

Yeah nice one Vale!! through Cal off the smell of the possible yamaha or honda contract!!!!!! get your cheque book out honda, Cal will cost half as much as Rossi and win as many if not more races, and a better long term investment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rossi is a great rider but I think he's had his day?

Reply to this Topic

Sep 10

4619 says:

Nice one Vale??

Yeah nice one Vale!! through Cal off the smell of the possible yamaha or honda contract!!!!!! get your cheque book out honda, Cal will cost half as much as Rossi and win as many if not more races, and a better long term investment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rossi is a great rider but I think he's had his day?

Reply to this Topic
Dice350

Nov 11

Dice350 says:

I hope Vale's not trying to coax Cal onto the Ducati to aid his own situation, that would be unsporting. If Ducati are going to deliver a quality bike like they say, you should stick with them Rossi. You couldn't wait to go there. For f***s sake Yamaha, give Cal a works ride.

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Ducati

That bike is gonna destroy career,s and reputations, stay away Cal for fucks sake!!!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I hope Vale's not trying to coax Cal onto the Ducati to aid his own situation, that would be unsporting.

Vale's caused more waves in the paddock over the years than anyone. 'Unsporting' is another one of his talents. 

That aside, take the Duke ride Cal. Let's face it, Cal's unlikely to be a WC at this level. The Ducati offer gives Cal what he want's.................to be a factory rider. I don't personally believe the bike is that bad.  

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Tyre wear

I notice that Rossi is saying that the Duke destroys its tyres to quickly,this I find interesting.Interesting because a rider with a very agressive riding style will wear out the tyres faster than a very smooth not so agressive rider surely.

So why does Rossi think that Cal with his agressive riding style will do well ? The bike will just destroy the tyres even quicker & even Rossi seems unable to adapt to the tyre wear so how would Cal manage ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices