Skip to content

Discuss This Theft victim’s website to catch culprits General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Theft victim’s website to catch culprits

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Theft victim’s website to catch culprits

A motorcyclist has set up a website showing CCTV footage of his bike being stolen in the hope it will lead to the thieves’ capture The website shows an hour-long theft of a £10,000 Triumph Daytona 675R from an office car park in central London, along with mug shots of the culprits. First a man is seen stopping to look at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 June 2012 10:45)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I've just watched the video

and although I feel very sorry for the owner, securing 10 grands worth of highly desirable motorcycle with nothing more than a steering lock, in a built up area is madness.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Got to agree with Supermario. The police may have done nothing about the theft, but the owner did nothing to prevent the theft. If you don't care about your bike why should the police?

Reply to this Topic
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

Feel sorry for him

So what if he didn't put a lock on his bike .. It does not under any circumstances mean he doesn't care about his bike... shouldn't need to protect or fear for for your property .. why hide the fu@kers faces, show them to the world for what they are .. thieving bast@rds ...

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

"I was also told to NOT publish this information as it would 'jeapordise the investigation.' "

I'd like to think the police said this because they're already watching the gang and their accomplices to gather a substantial case which will show them up in court as "serial thieves" rather than one-time chancers. Still, if that were the case why not tell the unfortunate owner and give him some cause to feel justice will be done?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Whats that you say???

Some scum spend an hour stealing a bike... and its the owners fault????  Seriously ???.

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

some people should just be made example of

hold on a second the guy parked it in a secure parking area with camera's and by looks of the building entry would reckon security guards he locked the steering and its the owners fault ? get to f**k so if some one locks there car doors and get broke into its there fault because they only used the locks the car came with come on the wee c*nts deserve to be made example of talking pike rammed up there ass and left to die in the middle of a crowded place. Have put people in hospital for trying to sit on my bike attempting to steel it is an offense no one will walk away from the law doesn't work so do what need to be done your self

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Bike theft

What kind of a world are we living in when the victim is on the receiving end of criticism for having his bike stolen?  We shouldn't have to leave our bikes chained to a starving rottweiler to make sure that they are still there when we get back.  OK, slate him if he left it running with they keys in but he didn't.  Come on chaps, have some empathy with the guy. 

And shame on the police for doing nothing.  I am normally a supporter of the boys in blue but this ain't good enough!!     

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
souroush

Nov 11

souroush says:

good idea

would be nice to open an access for everyone who lost a bike on this site- or similar to post any footage /pictures of F@g scum like these 3. In my country they lose a hand for steeling a bike ... not saying its good and I'm totally against it but you know what I mean....

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Thank God...

most posters on here have a sense of right and wrong... Do those people that blame the owner, live in Fortresses ? My answer is take away all benefits and the protection given to scum like them by do gooding, human rights quoting, PC loving half wits. These scum don't deserve to have rights.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Blame the victim

Come on fellows,  really - one should be able to leave their possessions unlocked, key in ignition even, without ever having it stolen.  The fault lies with the criminal.

Nevertheless,  I'm still kicking myself for failing to properly lock up my old powervalve back in the day, which enabled a miserable scrote to steal it.

Blame the criminal,  but don't make life easy for them either.  I'm still sympathetic to the guy who got robbed.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices