Skip to content

Discuss This Theft victim’s website to catch culprits General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Theft victim’s website to catch culprits

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Theft victim’s website to catch culprits

A motorcyclist has set up a website showing CCTV footage of his bike being stolen in the hope it will lead to the thieves’ capture The website shows an hour-long theft of a £10,000 Triumph Daytona 675R from an office car park in central London, along with mug shots of the culprits. First a man is seen stopping to look at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 June 2012 10:45)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Useless Pigs - Again!

I'd say it's the police who are the scum, once again failiing to administer justice by doing what they do best  - fuck all. At least with criminals like these you know where you stand with them. And to think the pigs were/are complaing about their pensions and going on marches to protest. The fuckers don't deserve their pensions considering their piss poor approach to tackling real crime.

They (the pigs) need their wages and pensions cut until they've shown they're actually working for the benifit of their pay masters (the taxpayer). Until such time put them on minimum wage. ALL of them.

Reply to this Topic
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

shared to facebook, twitter and google+, hopefully my friends will spread it too. good luck in getting something done about it

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Good thinking...

I just had my beautiful Fireblade nicked, an HRC livery... SV59 ODM... outside Beckenham Spa on 23rd June.  Broke my heart

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I agree

In the ideal world we shouldn't have to lock our valuables up to an insane degree. But this isn't an ideal world, and there are a lot of thieving fkers about. As I said before, I feel very sorry for this guy, but the reality is that 30 quids worth of disc lock may well have prevented this theft.

Seriously now, would YOU leave a bike like that on just a steering lock? I certainly wouldn't, and don't.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

You feel very sorry...BUT

Seriously ... they took an hour It wasn't easy was it? and you still blame the victim. We all know that thieving scum are out there my question is why should we accept this as the norm ?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

No, your right snev

we should all shirk any kind of responsibility toward safeguarding our belongings. I'm off down to my garage to leave the door wide open and stick the keys in the ignition. Grow up you fkn pleb!

Incidentally, it took the scrote all of 30 seconds to break the steering lock, at which point they could have pushed it away with the help of the scooter (right foot on the left footpeg of the bike, works surprisingly well) meaning that they could have had it away in mere minutes. The fact they chose to hot wire it on the spot suggests they felt confident of being able to do so thanks to the secluded position of the bike and lack of security. As I said before, a disc lock could well have prevented this.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

"grow up you fkn pleb"

Wow...... SUPERMARIO You really do come over as a caring, well balanced, Grown up sort of Guy.

Reply to this Topic
Hwystr

Nov 10

Hwystr says:

Was it realy necessary to blur the pictures MCN? why not help out and show the cowards faces....

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Nobody is saying it's the owners fault, but the owner is blaming the police for not recovering his bike. It's a nasty case of double standards. Theft is a fact of life and we should all be aware of that and act accordingly. Last year I had a bike stolen. CDI box was bust so it wouldn't start. I'd been working on it in the driveway and didn't bother putting the lock on because it wouldn't start, furthermore the alarm wasn't on because the battery was disconnected. It was stolen. When it turned up I ended up paying £175 in recovery and storage costs, furthermore I needed a new seat lock and to carry out some bodywork repairs. I took those costs on the chin because I knew I'd been an idiot for not securing the bike properly. Sure the police didn't show up until almost three weeks after the incident to take a statement, but then I'm mature enough to accept that with limitted resources a stolen bike is probably not their first priority. And of course if the bike had been properly secured it probably wouldn't have been stolen as the thief would have passed it over to pick on am easier target.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

jollyboy

"nobody is saying its the owners fault" ????...BUT... "if the bike had been properly secured"...... "passed it over to pick on an easier target" hmmmmm Yes I know i'm a F-----g P--b, ect ect.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices