Skip to content

Discuss This Theft victim’s website to catch culprits General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Theft victim’s website to catch culprits

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Theft victim’s website to catch culprits

A motorcyclist has set up a website showing CCTV footage of his bike being stolen in the hope it will lead to the thieves’ capture The website shows an hour-long theft of a £10,000 Triumph Daytona 675R from an office car park in central London, along with mug shots of the culprits. First a man is seen stopping to look at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 June 2012 10:45)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

engineering solutions

omg, as someone else said it now 40 odd years since someone walked on the moon,  like i think triumph and all the other bike manufacturers should have a good look at themselves and sort out motorbike security, both mechanical and electrically, before spending time reducing 250g from a swingarm or getting 1 extra horse power out of the engine. 

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Typical PC police

Twenty years ago we got broken into at work.

The police said "don't move anything, were on our way to gather evidence".

NOBODY ever turned up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this had been an Asian shop keeper with a BNP march outside his premises they'd have been round in three and a half seconds flat.

Reply to this Topic
GrazzerFazer

Feb 11

GrazzerFazer says:

Thieves

I hope they got a damn good kicking forget Plod they're a waste of space.

Had a leaflet from South Yorkshire Plod saying don't ring 999 if you vehicle is stolen ring the less important number, what kind of a message is that

Reply to this Topic
scotsmaninusa

Apr 10

well it should be easy

to catch the culprits as 3 guys with pixelated faces should stand out in a crowd.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

GrazzerFazer

999 is and always has been for situations where life and limb, not property, is endgangered. IIRC the original advice was to call 999 "if the man next door is murdering his wife".

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

I commented earlier but now I've watched the footage.

One hour spent faffing about in a dead end under a camera! Amateurs, and lucky to get away with it!

Years ago my padlocked and alarmed bike disappeared from the street overnight, never to be seen again. Someone said to me afterwards, "Never have anything nice around here, someone will always want to nick it." (I moved away shortly afterwards.) The Triumph's owner seems to have made that same "mistake," judging by the criticisms.

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Just disgusting as it seems like the culprits and other bike thieves can do what ever they want as the police couldnt be bothered and a mate one road away had his biked nicked, the cops just said heres a case number and you can claim on your insurance my mate just wanted his bike, they said you wont see it again and no one even turned up to look at the crime scene etc. mmm leaves one thinking theres little hope really.

Reply to this Topic
twowheeledfiend

Oct 08

It's funny

How the police pull you over whilst riding your own bike and give you a ticket for, let's say, a smaller number plate than the tv screen size one the authorities insist you have. Then to go and give the usual "if your bike was stolen how would be able to find yours.....?" Then to listen to people who say, "give the police a break, who do you call when you need help?" After reading this story and the comments it goes to show the lack of confidence in the police to catch thieves. The police themselves can be thanked for our increased insurance premiums due to the amount of theft and unrecovered stolen bikes.

Reply to this Topic
frugaltail

Feb 12

frugaltail says:

just saying

if the police won't do anything about it why do people for assault if they find the buggers that nicked it.... just saying....

Reply to this Topic
frugaltail

Feb 12

frugaltail says:

also, why don't insurance companies supply trackers for free??? I'm sure they would save money then if the police CHOOSE to not recover the bike then they should be held accountable! its a sorry state of a country when you can't show thieves faces... perhaps there employer (errrmm sorry i mean benefit office) would be rather keen to stop supplying them with money. remote detonation would be a nice idea too whilst were at it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices