Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Valentino Rossi urges Ducati action MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Valentino Rossi urges Ducati action

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Assen MotoGP: Valentino Rossi urges Ducati action

Valentino Rossi urged Ducati to devise a clear plan for future development of the struggling Desmosedici machine after he qualified in 10th position for tomorrow’s Dutch TT at Assen. The Italian posted a best time of 1.35.057 in a rain-hit session but was still 1.344s off Casey Stoner’s pole position time. Weight distribution changes to Rossi’s GP12 to try and gain more...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 June 2012 17:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Well said Mike. Although I do think Rossi is still a huge talent. You don't hear many Rossi fans admit that Stoner is a huge talent however.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Taking the piss out of CS when he was on the Duke has hit Rossi hard in the face well and truly.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Flo takes poll in Assen?!!

Maybe he could hold a poll (don't get excited Bloodblister, I said 'poll' note 'pole') on facebook or twatter and ask for opinions, apart from actually putting in a bit of effort, that's about all he's got left in his tiny little arsenal.

Reply to this Topic
bruce1937

Jul 11

bruce1937 says:

I agree with Bruncivik, my impression from this statement is that he is laying the ground work for an excuse to jump from the sinking ship that is Ducati.

I do however see some hope for Ducati, in that once rid of the financial disaster of having to pay Rossi's wages, they could get someone hungry enough to push the bike to the limit and get some sort of relevent feedback on a development direction. The bike is not that far off the pace, as has been shown by Hayden's brief periods near the front.

I see Rossi getting a works Honda in a satellite team as the quid pro quo for the deletion of the rookie rule.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

My thoughts

"I see Rossi getting a works Honda in a satellite team as the quid pro quo for the deletion of the rookie rule."

Make sense, Bruce.

The timing of Carmelo's statement about Rossi on a competitive bike, the rule change that Repsol wanted, and Rossi's statement deflecting blame on Ducati (again) support that idea.  We also know that Ducati's option on Hayden's contract expires this weekend, so that's probably the deadline they've given Rossi to sign or not.

Nobody's saying it, but I think there's a good chance that Rossi ends up at Repsol.  Everyone thinks Dani's seat is a done-deal, but If they wanted him for next year, you'd think that they would have rushed to sign him up after Stoner's decision.  So why haven't they?

And let's face it, if you had the choice to sign either Rossi and Dani, you'd take Rossi every time.  HRC are in that position and they ultimately call the shots.  I don't think Repsol are going to give a toss about Dani if they manage to snag Marquez who has a much higher marketing potential.

It might be just me, and it's always hard to tell, but Dani has definetly been a bit sadder than usual on the podium and in interviews ;-)

The good news for Honda would be that they should expect much more suitable tyres next year, if they can get Rossi on one ;-)

That's just my thoughts.  Hopefully, we'll know more within the week.

Reply to this Topic
ZEPH1100

Jul 06

ZEPH1100 says:

Audi

How long before Audi say enough is enough and shelve the whole project and go in a more conventional direction. Maybe Cal has been tempted by Ducati's future plans. Just a thought.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Pacey Stacey aka ranger boy

One thing is for sure rangergirl is that StaceyMoaner is finished next year. lulz.

Yeah go on bud, tell me to fuck off, shut up. 

Oh yeah don't forget rangerbgirl Racey Stacey's favourite don't use the word "bud", cause ranger girl thinks she invented it. lolz. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Ducati

Go and try to organise a piss up in a brewery, you might have more success

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

They'd prolly invite teetotalers!

See what I did there!

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

lol bob, I seen it what you did there.....

lol bob, I seen it what you did there....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices