Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Stoner eases to victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Stoner eases to victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Assen MotoGP: Stoner eases to victory

Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner has taken his first victory since announcing his retirement ahead of team-mate Dani Pedrosa. It's the first Honda victory at Assen since Nicky Hayden in 2006. Stoner now leads the championship along with Jorge Lorenzo. Lorenzo failed to finish the race after he was taken out by Alvaro Bautista at the first corner as the Gresini...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 June 2012 14:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

awful alvaro

Alvaro should be excluded from the race at sachenring,an absolutely mindless maneuver.:mad:

Casey showed his class and the hondas looked a in a different league on the soft tyres.

I dont think  dani will be on a hrc next season as MM is repsols new golden boy.

I do think stoner owes bridgestone an apology though.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Stoner was in a league of his own today and Bautista what a wanker he has turned out to be wiping out his compariot he should banned for at least two races after that incident. The Hondas clicked today hats off to them but another missed opportunity for Spies I guess as soon as I saw he was looking up on his shoulder I feared the worst and my worse fears came out as Dovizioso took him on the last lap I am honestly starting to fear he could lose his ride to that Honda reject in 2013. As for Ducati what a joke they have turned out to be both Rossi and Hayden deserve better then that pile of shit.

Roll on Sachensring next weekend I am looking forward to it.

Reply to this Topic
parris

May 10

parris says:

Bautista killed it

Wow first corner, not even one lap. Booooooooooooo. 

Man, I was so looking forward to this race, to watching Casey and Lorenzo for a race distance. Haven't been as dissapointed in a long time as when bautista ruined the race. 

Arrrggghhhhh..... 

Oh yeah and ducati sux asss. Go hayden you good thing. Ducati will never find someone who will keep singing their praises even when they provide shit bikes.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bruce1937

Jul 11

bruce1937 says:

Really bad luck for Lorenzo, taken out through no fault of his own. It reminded me of an over ambitious move by a Mr Rossi last year.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Masterclass

I think even without Lorenzo's crash today Stoner was in a different league, totally imperious. Bautista's reckless move is definitely going to liven up the championship, both Jorge and Cal will have the bit between the teeth to make up lost ground. Incidentally, another great ride from Crutchlow - a podium can't be far away from this boy!..

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

You fkrs know the words! Sing along...

Well well ladies! Let me get this out of the way first. Very glad George is Ok!

I am gobsmacked with Casey Stoner! He new he had a soft tyre, he was nearly motoring over the top of Pedro several times a lap and yet he could still barely control himself from winding that fkn throttle to the stops every corner,every lap and turning that rubber into dust! If ever there's a rider that just gives it his all, this is him and if you can't see it, you're mindfucked, if you don't appreciate it, you're a fkn loser and 99% assured to be a fan of the biggest fucking pussy to ever ride a bike!

Hang your fkn heads in shame! The cocksucker who just gave up after seeing his harder working team mate and a lower spec satellite bike overtake him, is probably going to push at least 1 of 3 harder working, harder riding, more deserving riders into a CRT exile or worse... his Ducati legacy!

What a piece of dogshit.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

@acanada

Agree with your first points, but ...

"I do think stoner owes bridgestone an apology though."

No chance.  Honda got lucky this time, but they only had a single practical choice of rear where everyone else had two.  Casey wasted the whole weekend trying to get the hard to work including the qualifying.

It's just that the tyres are flukey and Honda got lucky in that their only choice was the correct one.

If Dorna want to give Jorge his lead back, all they have to do is get Bridgestone to set hard compounds for the weekend.  Done.

Bridgestone and Dorna should be the ones apologising for this farce ;-)

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Good ride by Casey in the end but to be fair Dani was never a fully fledged alien... Gutted for Jorge who was running a quicker pace than the hondas all weekend on the harder tyre I suspect he would have won quite comfortably.. Ducati are getting slaughtered in the press. The best thing they can do is withdraw. The, it just needs the right rider thing,was always a myth. They have no angles left and are simply not good enough to be in motogp.. . Rossi can work on next years honda, as honda must be mad after Caseys win to think Dani, and Marquez in his first season will put up a challenge to Jorge.. The return of the prodigal son should be hondas first priority, they'll both have to suck it up, but if only they look at it as the beginning of a bright future with a popular and great young rider learning from the old master and reasserting themselves as the dominant team it'll be fine.. Everything is when your winning.. Casey said only a week ago that all that was needed was a dnf from Jorge, hey presto next race a honda toe pokes him into the gravel...you couldn't make it up. MCN should have a, 'should ducati even bother turning up the rest of the season' vote, they are a laughing stock. Hard to imagine just how low moral must be at ducati with I suspect Presiozi being on the receiving hate to be working there... I feel sorry for everyone who's had to ride one even Casey who could have had maybe another title if he'd been anywhere but at ducati..

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

wah wah wah wah....

Wacanada you tosspot, if Florence can't get a penalty for torpedoing Stoner, what makes you think Alvaro should?

And why would Casey apologise to Bridgestone when they're just doing what Uncle Caramello thinks will line his fkn pockets quickest! Stoners beef is with this fkg cockmuncher, not Bridgestone!

Florence... development god! Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha haha hahahaha ha hahahaha...

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Stoners beef is that he doesn't see why, just because he does fuck all for the sport the lack of funds should affect him in anyway, surely that's everyone elses problem I just want to tell the fans to fuck off and have the best bike and tyres, and line my pocket. That is about the gist of it.. whether casey is clever enough to work out that pissing the fans off directly affects the dollars available and therefore what the team have to spend is another matter and clearly Bob not for this discussion even if you knew what you were talking about.. I do hope you put your mums knickers in the wash when you've finished on here. you sick puppy.. too many pervs getting instant gratification on here..is your mum out shopping??

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices