Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Ben Spies denied podium by serious rear tyre issue MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Ben Spies denied podium by serious rear tyre issue

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Assen MotoGP: Ben Spies denied podium by serious rear tyre issue

Ben Spies was cruelly denied a first podium of 2012 in yesterday’s Dutch TT at Assen after being forced to slow dramatically by a serious rear tyre issue in the final stages of the 26-lap clash. Spies appeared to have third place secured having edged away from Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider Andrea Dovizioso before his rear tyre started to shed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 July 2012 08:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

A cruel blow indeed but on the positive the confidence is returning.

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Dissapointing

What a horrible season this guy is having. It seems to me like the Tech 3 bikes are much better than Spies currently. Maybe since the M1 is build around Lorenzo style, which may be unsettling for Spies, and his Elbows type style. He needs some big result now, especially come Laguna Seca, and Indy.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Actually Benny there was thought he could catch Pedrosa but then the Honda rider upped his pace.

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

And so it continues

The tyre debacle is now coming out into the open for all to see. Casey was declared some sort of deluded idiot the other week for being first to call it right with his molten rear tyre, now Ben Spies, Nicky and Vale must also be deluded idiots, because they are calling the same fault. Some on here just cannot take the truth.

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

sort it out Ben

Mans lost his mojo. He's riding himself straight back to american superbike. It's a shame because I think he's an awsome rider and an American who can keep his mouth closed.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Lost Mojo Pinkerton?

It was lost rubber, not lost mojo that have wrecked his last two races.

Reply to this Topic
LouisVR46

Feb 12

LouisVR46 says:

Back to michelens!

Really does seem like these Bridgestone tyres are a heap of shit. At the moment many riders are are on great form on great machines but tyres is the limiting factor. It gives everyone chatter, particularly Honda, prevents development of the Ducati and doesn't seems to destroy itself occasionally.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Who are all these idiots denying that there were any problems with tyres, or claiming it was just poor tyre management from the riders? We're not just talking about one hard tyre lasting longer than another, we're talking about hard tyres not lasting longer than softer tyres. Hard tyres should last longer than soft tyres, when they are not there's something wrong. You choose a hard tyre because it may grip less than a softer tyre, but it will last longer. That didn't happen this weekend. Even Bridgestone are accepting that there was something wrong with some of the rears on offer this weekend. We're not talking tyres "going off" or wearing out here, we're talking tyres throwing off huge chunks of rubber. When tyres start throwing chunks there are usually only two possible causes; poor manufacturing leading to inconsistent structure within the tyre particularly when it comes to bonding the layers together; or internal heat generated by flex. The latter can also be caused by manufacturing errors, but can also be down to the tyre flexing a lot because the compound offers so much grip. That is unlikely to be the case with a hard tyre, especially when softer tyres are not suffering the same issues. So it does suggest manufacturing problems. I'm disapointed that both the badly affected tyres have been handed to Bridgestone to investigate. It would be very easy for them to come back and say there were no problems. It might have been a good idea if the organizers had handed one of the tyres to an independent investigator.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

still finished

he didnt pull in tho did he unlike mr rossi big cry baby, now bs are doing an investigation!! fucking typical would they if ben had complained ro cal for that matter? no. its all about rossi even riding as slow as crt he still gets his selfish way, i was honda or yamaha i would stay well clear.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Earth to ow01fogno1.... Come in ow01fogno1...

I take it you have seen Rossi's back Tyre??  I think it's a good enough reason to pull in really seeing as there are fist like chunks missing on the edge of the tyre... Let me guess though,  you being the riding god that you are would have just cracked on..... oh and probably won eh... ha ha.. yeah right..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices