Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Casey Stoner pounces for vital victory MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Casey Stoner pounces for vital victory

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Assen MotoGP: Casey Stoner pounces for vital victory

Casey Stoner hauled himself right back into contention to retire from MotoGP at the end of 2012 as world champion after he triumphed in a controversial Dutch TT at Assen yesterday. With Jorge Lorenzo taken out of the race by Alvaro Bautista’s awful braking mistake at the first corner, Stoner romped to his third win of the season to move level...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 July 2012 08:08)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

I suppose you could be a Dovi Fan...

the paddocks original "Mr No Mates", another typically frank grimes like performance from the Italian at the post race conference on saturday. Bitter second stringer.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Eh?

Are you for real princeofbumholes? have you seen your's ya big Queen.... At least i dont have a picture of a young spanish boy ya fucking Pedo... ha ha ha Twat!

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

JL didn't race?

@Moaner - "They were all just lucky that JL didn't race"

You should watch the races, Moaner.  Maybe that's why you sould like a moron?

@princeofrepsol - "Valentino Rossi ponces to 13th place."

Yeah, a 0.002s win over last.  Rossi's still able to sandbag when he's got the machine/tyre advantage.

Uncle Carmelo will put him on another decent bike next year (hope he doesn't fuck that one up), and with his development position at Bridgestone, should be able to organise some overnight specials again.  The greatest fraud of all time will be BACK and they can finally milk the last scraps of money from the yellow brigade of suckers.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Okay....

They were all just lucky that JL only got to race to the first corner from the start.... is that better tetchy ya little bitch?

"Sould like a moron"? Hmmm, nice one moron...!!

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Good

So you've watched up to the first corner.  Nice one. Keep watching.  There's a fantastic battle for last place.

"Sould like a moron"?

OMFG ... a typo!  Thanks, sensei.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

team orders

ideal lap times of stoner and pedrosa with best sectors added virtually identical for stoner and pedrosa

if they are close in the last few laps and stoner's tyres aren't gone as looked to be the case stoner on the historical record is still a fair chance of a win on merit.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Tetsuo

Yeah that was a real tyre advantage!!!!!!!!!, the thing was absolutely fcked when he came into the pits. As for machine advantage, from 2007 the Ducrapi has been on the decline. Honda/Yamaha have made vast strides ahead, obviously their designers and engineers are streets ahead of Ducatis.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

What's it to be?

Same as it ever was it seems, no change of opinion here. After Assen:-

"In the past race we reduced the rear chatter but we haven't fixed it, and we haven't fixed the front," he said. "We made a small step before the race which improved the front chatter, but for me the front tyre has no stability in it. As soon as you brake hard, it wants to fold or chatter."

The reigning MotoGP champion suspects he will never be fully comfortable with the revised tyre, though he admitted that Honda would simply have to adapt as well as it can.

"I'm still not impressed at all with the front tyre and I don't think I will be throughout the whole season," said Stoner.

"Everybody's now on the same tyre so I guess we have to find some way to make it work. But we haven't fixed any problems."

I think his mind is made up.....

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

False dichotomy

Stoner has been one of the harshest critics of Bridgestone recently, but said about the tyres: "With 9-10 laps remaining, I knew we wouldn't suffer a big drop in tyre performance, I still felt good."

So make your mind up Casey - are the Bridgestones only bad when you lose, but good when you win?.

To say that they wouldn't suffer a big drop in performance isn't the same as saying that they're good.  They can be rubbish, but predictably rubbish over the race period.

If you watched the footage of Dovi, Casey, and Dani behind the podium, they were taking turns in doing impressions of the front tyre folding and vibrating.  You can hear Casey mention to Dani that he watched him make several front-end saves at turn 3.

His comment about feeling good could either be in reference to his physical condition or his prospects for the race (particularly if he's watching Dani making saves).  I think it's safe to assume that it wasn't a comment on the tyres (despite the editor's choice to not make it a seperate sentence).

Benny, I know you're smart enough to work this out.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Same old, same old

Same as it ever was it seems, no change of opinion here.

So now he's getting criticised for not changing his opinion?

It sounds like he knows what the problem is and there's going to be limit to what they will be able to achieve.  Front-end issues don't seem trivial to fix - apparently takes more that 80 seconds to get it right.

He makes the point that it's the same for everyone and they've just got to do the best they can, and you criticise him for that?

I think his mind is made up.....

Or maybe he just understands the challenge and issues better than you. Hmm.  Yeah, I'm going to go with that one.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices